Barlby Rd, Barlby, Selby YO8, UK
Permanent (Full time)
Mitie has a great opportunity a great opportunity in Selby. We are looking for an experienced security officer to join the team on site. The role is a Security Officer you will take a lead role on site on a daily basiswith a pay rate of £8.42per hour. You will report into our Services manager on site and the sites security operation’s manager.
- The Full time security officer will demonstrate their character as determined, trustworthy, attentive and approachable at all times when welcoming clients and customers – ensuring ID badges are created, allocated and collected when appropriate.
- As the first point of contact for to all customers and clients, the Security Agents must have geographically aware of their local surroundings.
- Must be able to man the phones, emails, IT systems, CCTV and Alarms, Doors and Car park if need be.
- The Full time security officer must spot and stop all suspicious sightings or potential criminal activity and retain full control until the arrival of emergency services.
- Report to the Security Operations Manager – they must record, report and escalate all sightings and arrests on a regular basis.
The Full time security officer will need to be a team player with an enthusiastic attitude.
The Full time security officer should be able to work on own initiative.
Corporate Security experience.
Flexible Approach to work to suit the business needs.
Excellent customer service skills
Ability to go above and beyond to support the client and visitors
Excellent communication skills are required both written and verbal.
It is important the Security Officer is calm under pressure.
Understand the Health and Safety at Work Act, relevant Criminal, Civil Law and Police and Criminal Evidence Act.
Door Supervision or Security Guarding License essential.
It’s the little things that count -
On top of the usual rewards you'd expect to see from a large company, such as - holidays, pension, childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people's well-being and enjoyment at work.
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
Posted 17 days ago