To provide the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene standards in the setting in a safe manner, working with nursery team and ensuring compliance with Health and Safety and other Policies and Procedures of the Society.
Occasionally situations may arise that require the post holder to perform other duties or tasks as may be reasonably requested by the Society.
The post holder shall:
- Have experience in cleaning and be able to follow a cleaning schedule.
- Ensure that high standards of cleanliness are maintained when cleaning the nursery, in particular that the children’s rooms, reception and toilets are kept clean, tidy and organised.
- Understand the colour coding system for cleaning materials and have a safe working knowledge of COSHH requirements.
- Ensure health and safety procedures are followed at all times, including using the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) advising the manager of any accidents or near misses.
- Be able to work within company guidelines on cleaning requirements including use only of approved products for cleaning and to read and adhere to any policies or procedures that may be introduced that may affect their work.
- Have up to date knowledge of safeguarding issues and be able to identify signs of possible abuse or neglect and respond in a timely and appropriate way.
- Work with colleagues in the nursery to make sure children’s rooms are cleared at the appropriate times to ensure thorough cleaning of all areas.
- Have an awareness of the cleaning consumables budget and be able to order appropriate quantities of cleaning materials and manage resources effectively with the budget, using only approved products for specified usage.
- Have high standards of hygiene and cleanliness in all areas of their work and maintain tidy and organised stock areas.
- Be flexible with shifts and working hours to ensure cover to suit the nursery needs.
- Assist with cleaning children’s toys and equipment as and when required.
- Ensure that outside areas are clean and free from waste.
- To be involved in any overall nursery activities (including out of working hours activities) e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, fundraising events, volunteering etc.
- To be flexible within working practices of the nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the nursery.
- To attend training identified in your performance reviews or one to ones and any other training courses that are necessary for you to fulfil your role (training may involve travelling to other locations or may take place outside of nursery opening hours).
- Ensure the appropriate and regular removal of waste materials to the designated store and work with the Nursery Manager to ensure regular collection of that waste.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work. Ensure accident, incident and risk assessment records are maintained to an acceptable level and monitor the information therein.
- To respect the confidentiality of all information received.
- Take part in periodic one to one reviews which are a two way communication process to monitor performance and development.
- Have a regular performance review with the Nursery Manager, undergoing any training needs identified or desired as a result.
- Work alongside the Manager and staff team to ensure that the Childcare Groups values (DOES) are fulfilled.
- To support the delivery of the Nursery Steering Wheel measures and work with the Manager and team to ensure targets are met.
- To have responsibility for key holding and ensuring the nursery premises are secure when required
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
In addition, all employees are expected to work within the terms of their contract of employment and adhere to Society policies and procedures.
- Gain commitment through encouraging membership.
- Committed to supporting the local community.
- Encourage diversity.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Understands the diverse needs of children.
- Understand the importance and the requirement for high standards of nursery appearance and quality of care.
- Customer focused.
- Displays interpersonal skills that will deliver outstanding customer service.
- Is committed to health and safety and understands the legislative requirements.
- Understands the regulatory framework of food safety in a nursery setting.
- Has an awareness of environmental issues & requirements.
- Understands the importance of managing costs and stock control.
- Understands the reasons for working towards maximizing sales.
- Minimum level 2 food hygiene qualification or certified equivalent within 3 years.
- You will require a clear DBS.
Posted 5 days ago