Business Intelligence Developer / Consultant
Here at NPS we have a simple set of values that sets out who we are as a company. We are:
Intelligent – we make the right choices
Involved – our enthusiasm creates energy
Innovative – we always ask what’s next
Our business is all about making lives safer, healthier, better managed and mobile
Our software underpins critical police, health, housing and local government services, ensuring delivery of the right data at the right time to protect and improve people’s lives.
We’re as committed to the positive social outcomes of our customers’ services as they are, which means we put people first. In the interfaces and systems we design, and the software support and development service we provide.
Across the world, billions of people every day rely on the services and benefits provided by their police, health services, housing and local government. Their home, welfare, wellbeing and security often depend on them.
We create and manage the software that connects people with these services. We design smart interfaces and data processes to ensure services are easy to use, always on, relevant, accurate and trusted.
Using internet, mobile and AI technology, we are designing new tools that maximise the positive experience people have of critical services, and helping to make sure they are safer, healthier, better managed, and able to organise their life on the go.
Working closely with our customers – the service providers – we define people’s needs today and in the future – and work intelligently to continuously improve our software products and data management.
Our software underpins the performance of our customers as they serve their customers. Our constant focus is making sure our software is stable, efficient, cost efficient and secure.
We’re proud of the role we play, improving people’s lives through dependable critical services. With a growing number of customers globally, we’re going to make a difference to millions of people more.
Based in the UK but working around the world, our 2,000 employees help improve the services that matter most.
We are now part of the NEC corporation, a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people worldwide – this brings in new opportunities without limits for growth and innovation.
You will be part of the MIS team. The responsibility of the team is to provide expert knowledge in Business Intelligence solutions for the NPS Housing product area. Team members may be involved in pre sales activity, customer support, development projects and consultancy days.
The housing Business Intelligence Roadmap contains a number of levels of reporting. The MIS Team has the responsibility to support and develop this roadmap. Items include Predictive Analytics, KPI Dashboards, Operational Dashboards, Data Warehouse, Ad-hoc reporting and customer bespoke development.
The role will mainly include ETL development to support the roadmap. Our ETL tool is Wherescape Red. This produces PL/SQL so any background with ETL tools and Oracle PL/SQL will be considered.
We are looking for candidates that have experience in ETL development and can challenge the Data Model Design.
Any experience in predictive analytics is an advantage.
The technical responsibility of the MIS team includes:
- Wherescape RED Datawarehouse ETL Development
- Oracle PL/SQL
- Datawarehouse Design
- Business Objects Universe Development
- Business Objects Report Development
- Business Objects CMC configuration
- Jaspersoft Studio Report Development
- Jaspersoft Server Configuration
- Power BI Report Writing
Experience of any technology listed above is an advantage and should be highlighted in an application.
- Expert knowledge of Data Warehouse design techniques. >4 Years.
- Expert knowledge and proven track record in ETL development using both ETL tools and PL/SQL. >4 Years
- Expert knowledge of one or more database products including Oracle or SQL Server.
- A good understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Experience in using WhereScape RED. >1 years
- A good understanding of both waterfall and agile development methodologies.
- Some Knowledge of reporting tools such as Business Objects, Power BI or Jaspersoft.
- Experience of working within the UK Local Government sector. Knowledge or experience with NPS Housing.
Able to demonstrate high levels of enthusiasm and self-motivation with the ability to work effectively with limited direct supervision
Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to articulate complex situations at the appropriate level to both the end users and technical staff.
Able to demonstrate a dynamic and enthusiastic approach to software development/consultancy with a strong focus on quality and continuous improvement.
The ability to remain calm and controlled when working to tight deadlines.
Must be a quick learner and able to work on their own initiative.
Ability to understand business processes and propose or influence Business Intelligence solutions.
Must be flexible and self-managing.
Treats everyone with respect; Builds trust and long-term relationships; Adheres to policies and procedures.
Employees of Northgate Public Services are entitled to the following Company funded benefits:
- Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
- 25 days paid holiday (includes 3 company nominated days) with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
- 4 x basic salary life assurance cover
- A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
- A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
- The role offers a competitive salary.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. Depending on the nature of the role a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check may also be required.
Northgate Public Services is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.
Posted 16 days ago