Podiatrist in Ireland
Who are Spectrum Health?
As our company and services grow, we are on the lookout for clinicians and personnel to join our forward-thinking team. Spectrum Health has a new approach to allied healthcare and we want like-minded individuals to join us in providing an all-round health service to our patients. We offer a variety of fulfilling careers in an exciting clinical and head office atmosphere.
With a growing number of clinics across Ireland we can offer our team a varied career path and as our company grows there will be more opportunities to offer all team members.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for Podiatrists to join our growing network of private practice clinics in the Ireland. The positions we currently have available will suit candidates looking for private practice experience.
We are looking for full and/or part-time podiatrists in Ireland in:
What is the role and what are your responsibilities?
- Treat a variety of skin ailment such as verruca's, corns, calluses, etc.
- Assess and treat ingrown toe nails, clipping toe nails and general feet tidy up
- Treat patients with diabetes at increased risk of foot disease who require preventative care and assistance
- Determine the condition of a patient's feet, ankles, or lower legs by reviewing his or her medical history, listening to the patient's concerns, and performing a physical examination
- Diagnose foot, ankle, and lower-leg problems through physical exams, and other methods
- Provide treatment for foot, ankle, and lower leg ailments, such as prescribing special shoe inserts (orthotics) to improve and correct foot and ankle deformities
- Give advice and instruction on foot and ankle care and on general wellness techniques
- Educate patients on how to improve and/or improve conditions
- Liaise with other healthcare professionals, such as GP's, Physios and other members of multi-disciplinary teams, to exchange information about the background and progress of patients and Refer patients to other physicians or specialists if they detect larger health problems, such as diabetes
- Meet continuous education requirements and maintain an up to date CPD folder
- Write patient case notes and reports and collect statistics; as well as managing their payments, and issue receipts
- In some cases, supervise student and junior podiatrists and enhance your teaching skills
- Manage clinical risk and have excellent infection control awareness
- Be caring, compassionate and professional and always have the patient at the core of everything you do
What experience and qualifications do I need?
- BSc OR MSc with relevant clinical experience
- Must be a member of the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists Ireland (SCPI) and hold current Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Private practice experience preferred
- New grads welcome
What competencies do I need?
- Motivating Others
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
What are the benefits of working with Spectrum Health?
- Salary range: €35,000 – €50,000 depending on experience FTE
- Dedicated Support Team
- Full training provided
- Structured performance management with Clinical Director
- Health & Wellness Benefit
- Service Benefit (Additional day's annual leave after one year's service)
- Sports and Social Clubs
- Health Insurance (after probation period)
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Cycling Ireland Insurance
- Taxsaver Tickets
- Healthy Lunch on us, once per month
- ‘Me Day' – additional day's leave for doing something new
- Death in Service Policy ( After one year's service )
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Free Appointment with a Financial Advisor
- Educational and CPD support
- Discounted Allied Health Appointments
Posted 19 days ago