Shopper & Category Insights Manager
Shopper & Category Insights Manager
Shopper & Category Insights Manager Contract, Pharma, Surrey
Duration: 6 months Salary: Very competitive, please contact me directly for this Location: Leatherhead (2 days home working)
If you are looking for a change so you can work in a fun and friendly environment for a leading pharmaceutical organisation, why not apply for this role today?
This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant contribution to this progressive businesss long-term strategy. As a market leader within healthcare with an impressive portfolio of iconic brands, they have invested heavily in NPD and as such have plans for significant sector growth. The business is currently looking to appoint a talented Shopper & Category Insights Manager to deliver profitable consumer and customer based solutions by influencing retail category impact.
Reporting directly to the Head of Sales Strategy will be responsible for developing category strategy, implementing brand and customer category plans as well as adding value to brand planning and retail customer relationships.
As Shopper & Category Insights Manager you will be tasked to take ownership of number of specific categories across the portfolio, their strategic direction and growth, consumer & shopper insights for the category, range reviews and most importantly the organisations category relationships with the retailer.
- Works closely with the Head of Sales Strategy, Sales and Brand marketing team
- Managing category budgets in the channel, brand performance, working with priority customers, and ensuring that we make the right strategic choices to drive gross profit
- Deliver compelling and executable category growth drivers
- Analyse market and consumer data
- Category reviews, range reviews, NPD, new product presentations
- Strategy/ annual plan
- Establish excellent working relationships with key customer contacts to influence category development
- Work closely with cross functional teams to develop account strategies with the key customers to deliver the overall plan
- Regular alignment with cross functional colleagues to ensure impactful and engaging customer presentation decks are developed
- Development of compelling and brand-aligned On Trade activations that demonstrate market, customer AND consumer insight
- Manages the relationship with key agency partners to maximise plans and value for money
- Accountable for the development and execution of annual brand and channel activation plans
- University degree or equivalent
- Extensive Category experience in an FMCG or OTC environment (5+ years experience)
- Developing first class customer relationships through delivering expertise
- Creating relationships based on Category Management & Ranging Advice
- Consumer and shopper research techniques
- Strong Internal and external communication skills
- Very strong understanding of retailers strategy and development of tailored customer plans that deliver sales and profit targets
- Ability to execute flawlessly agreed customer in-store display programs
- Use diverse information sources to identify changes in consumer, shopper and retailer attitudes and behaviours
- Use of IRI/Nielsen, Dunnhumby, Kantar or similar data types
- Expert with data sources such as Nielsen, Kantar, IRI, Dunnhumby, Tesco link, Retail Link
- Understand the brand/customer P&L and effectively manage budget
- Project leadership skills ability to plan and execute activities / projects to achieve the agreed result
- High level of IT literacy in Microsoft office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
Not ready to apply or have some questions first? No problem, please feel free to contact me, Juber Rahman at any time on ######### / #########
If this role is not suited to your skillset, please feel free to share these details within your professional networks as we do offer a generous bonus referral scheme of 250 in vouchers should we go on to successfully please someone you recommend to us.
Posted 25 days ago