Working for a fantastic organisation offering career progression and great benefits.
Purpose of Role:
As part of the delivery team, the Project Manager is responsible for allocated programme/project delivery, ensuring that assigned programmes/projects are completed on time, to budget and to the expected quality requirements.
The Project Manager will also be responsible for providing support in establishing best practice, providing suggestions of improvements to the current processes, practices and methods, and looking for potential opportunities for improvements. Where appropriate the job holder will be required to mentor and coach team and peer members.
- To assume total responsibility for the management and delivery of assigned projects with full accountability for project performance. Deliver the programme/project in line with the UECSS processes, procedures, standards and project governance guidelines .
- To have total and complete understanding of project and contractual requirements.
- Bid Management lead and coordinate bids from concept to contract award, working through the direction of business development. Work on and prepare the required proposals, cost books in line with the bid allowable timescales.
- Define, communicate, execute & monitor the project and prioritise specific to individual contracts and projects, in line with agreed contractual and delivery requirements, with appropriate work packages, key milestones and budgets for each stage of work package.
- Develop, execute and maintain project plans and statements of work (SOWs), detailing task descriptions, deliverables, project schedules through liaising with specialist areas across a matrix organisation inline with company processes, procedures and standards.
- Develop and lead project teams; providing leadership, direction and control, through effective work package management. Provide support, mentoring and coaching as required to ensure success delivery of assigned programme/projects.
- Proactive risk, issue and opportunity management, ensuring logs/registers are established and maintained through the life of the assigned project with high level of accuracy.
- Take responsibility for identification and realisation of Profit Improvement on projects.
- Effective Stakeholder Management including interface and the management of external customers. Ensure that all communications to stakeholders, verbal and written are clear, concise and unambiguous.
- Build strong customer relationship. Provide primary focus for customer, communication and liaison, keeping customers informed of work progress, issues and resolution plans. Ensure customer satisfaction is maintained at all times. Manage customer exceptions, inline with company priorities and capabilities.
- Identify and pursue followon business opportunities, working closely with business development team.
- Continually assess current performance, identify root causes, and actively drive programme/project and cross functional improvements through the life cycle of the assign project.
- Manage, report status and performance of the assigned project in line with UECSS management reporting cycle. Ensure project data is maintained to a high level of accuracy (forward load, project plans, risk registers and financial data) within the various companys business data systems.
- To hold, chair and /or present at various forums (such as project meetings, progress and contract reviews).
- Where appropriate, development and training of own staff, recruitment and appraisal.
- To comply with the Company Policy on Health & Safety
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Posted 13 days ago