Media Business Development ManagerLeeds
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£30000 - £40000 per annum + OTE 60k including bonus and car allowance
My client are the UKs largest regional business media company outside London, reaching over 500,000 business leaders every month and growing daily.
Due to this growth my client are looking to expand the sales team in their Leeds office and are looking for a talented and motivated business development manager with the drive, desire & experience to become part of their growing business and enjoy the benefits of its continued success.
* To keep abreast of all company products and services and have an indepth knowledge of them in order to market and sell effectively.
* Develop a defined Yorkshire territory with a mix of existing clients, new business prospects and leads
* Increase revenues from existing clients and secure support from new clients through strong consultative sales skills
* Secure advertising, sponsorship and leaflet revenues for the magazines, sponsorship for our range of business events, and banner advertising and sponsorship of our range of online products & services.
* Take new products to the market when they are launched.
* To be able to use the company CRM system to its maximum benefit to regularly market and update clients.
* To coordinate with the local editorial team to plan future editorial features and event initiatives
* To take the initiative and be proactive in coming forward with innovative ideas which could benefit the team and wider company.
My client have been established for almost 30 years and has grown from their roots in the North West to having eight offices across the UK.
The company specialises in regional b2b magazines, hosts over 100 business events annually and has a growing portfolio of digital products including regional websites and daily email newsletters.
The online regional business news service is the largest in the UK and there are plans to expand this area further.
* Ideally minimum 2 3 years of work experience working within a dynamic organisation in a business to business sales capacity
* Previous experience working within advertising also advantageous but not essential.
* Good A levels essential, Diploma and/or degree advantageous.
Skills and Attributes:
* Ability and confidence to communicate effectively and interact at all levels.
* Strong motivation and drive to succeed to maximum potential.
* Innovative and creative with a natural curiosity to hunt for new business opportunities.
* Persuasive personality with a hard headed approach somebody who is not easily defeated!
* Competitive personality who enjoys beating the competition.
* Works well under constant pressure
* Attention to detail good organisational skills
* Perceptive, diplomatic, resourceful, mature
* Team Player but also able to work independently
* Patient, persuasive & sense of humour
* Strong communicator & negotiation skills
Posted 14 days ago