Design Engineer - Lower Darwen | Zoek UK | 0c13b0
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Lower Darwen, Blackburn with Darwen, England
Permanent (Full time)
We are partnered with a global leading business who are at the fore front of innovation and technology, ensuring they provide proven and practical solutions to their clients. We have been retained to engage with an experienced, and proactive Design Engineer with Geotechnical experience.
As a Design Engineer you will design projects which have been assessed and prioritised using the most appropriate solution, and in a timely manner. These projects will be technical sound and fit for customer requirements as well as commercially advantageous to both client and customer.
* Proactively protects own work life balance while remaining focused on ensuring safe working practices that protect self and others.
* Regularly and fully utilise company CRM system in the upkeep and management of customer and sales data in line with agreed protocol.
* Communicate internally with colleagues positively professionally sharing progress, offering solutions, and advising if deadline and/or specifications cannot be achieved.
* Communicate professionally and with integrity externally with client’s consultants and contractors in a timely manner.
* Consistently produce accurate and fully optimised design package, ensuring all technical and customer information is correct in a timely manner and in line with company brand to meet or exceed SLAs and meet customer expectations.
* Identify and communicate cross sell opportunities to Commercial Team
* Take responsibility for improving and developing your own skillset by raising the levels at which you can design after going through the appropriate process
* Actively contribute to Continuous Improvement
Candidate Requirements and Competencies
* Degree qualified in civil engineer or equivalent with appropriate geotechnical experience
* Good industry knowledge of design codes . BS8006, CDM etc.
* Good understanding of risk and PSRM systems
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent time management with the ability to prioritise
* Hold and be able to apply a level or commercial awareness
* Good IT skills with practical experience of Microsoft Office CRM and other data management systems including an understanding of AutoCAD
* Motivated and driven
This role is an exciting opportunity to join a global leading manufacturing business with huge future opportunities, the chance to draw upon knowledge from senior individuals to further your professional development as well as leadership training programmes both internal and external.
Hours of work are Monday-Friday days (Flexible around office hours)
In return our client are offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply or for more information please lick the link below or contact Stuart Tomkinson