Band 7 Respiratory Nurse Specialist - Nationwide | Zoek UK
Band 7 Respiratory Nurse Specialist
£43.2k - 56.6k per year + Bonus, £5K relocation
Permanent (Full time)
Applications are invited from an experienced Nurse Specialist to join the Respiratory service across a variety of settings both in the community and within the hospital, to deliver patient care and the education and clinical support of staff on the beautiful Island of Guernsey , in the Channel Islands.
- You will work alongside the current respiratory CNS, consultant and AHPs to provide clinical management and professional leadership in the delivery and development of respiratory services.
- You will work collaboratively with all members of the multidisciplinary team to promote, develop and evaluate the clinical respiratory service ensuring the delivery of high quality patient care.
- You will be responsible for the provision of expert advice in respiratory nursing including all matters relating to home ventilation, oxygen therapy, chronic disease management, discharge planning, pulmonary rehabilitation and palliative care to all respiratory patients and their family/carers.
- You will be working You will have the opportunity to expand some of the areas of the service for example home oxygen therapy and pulmonary rehabilitation as well as supporting the current respiratory nurse specialist with other aspects of the service.
- You will be a clinical resource for all nurses, midwives and the multidisciplinary team in providing advice and guidance in the respiratory service.
Please note; Guernsey has adopted the AfC banding system, but have applied their own salary scale.
The current Guernsey Band 6 salary is up to £55,315 plus an annual bonus of £1,286 and higher unsocial hours enhancements; 36% evening/Saturday and 72% Sunday/BH.
Annual leave starts at 36 days up to 42 days with full credit for NHS service for annual leave and sick leave.
The island of Guernsey is in the Channel Islands and has a population of 65,000. It has some of Britain's finest and best-kept beaches , an especially mild and sunny climate , and an offbeat, historic harbour town in St. Peter's Port, the island's capital.
- Registered Nurse with valid NMC registration
- Current or recent Band 6 or equivalent experience in an appropriate Respiratory setting
- Ability to undertake comprehensive holistic assessments and manage complex symptoms
- Teaching, assessment and presentation skills
- To hold a full driving licence
The benefits of working in Guernsey include:
- A higher-than-UK salary.
- An annual bonus of £1,286
- A flat rate 20% income tax.
- No Council tax or VAT
- A relocation payment of £5,000*
- On-site Staff Accommodation - three months free*
- A generous allowance for private rental accommodation*
- A continental lifestyle, where the people are friendly, and crime is very low.
*Full T&C in relocation directive
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.
Posted 42 days ago