Technical / QA Manager 12 Month Fixed - Gloucester | Zoek UK | 0c2b8d
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Technical / QA Manager 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England
£40000 - £50000/annum + Benefits
Contract (Full time)
Technical Manager/ QA Manager - 12 Month Contract (Maternity Cover)
Reporting into Technical Director / Managing a team of 2
Food/ Drink Manufacture
Circa £40,000 - £50,000
** Start Date - September 2021 **
-Working with the department heads, lead the site to ensure production/technical standards are compliant with industry and customer requirements.
-Challenge deviations from standards at every opportunity; establishing a team culture of continuous improvement and unrelenting pursuit of excellence.
-Develop a culture of success through Coaching, Mentoring and strong personal leadership. Day to day leadership of the site quality team, ensuring a safe and compliant environment, manufacturing quality product every time.
* Maintain BRC AA+ Site
* Lead a Health and Safety culture within your area; ensure team consistently follow the site safety best practices by demonstrating zero tolerance behaviour to people not following site safety rules, continually challenging and raising safety standards.
* Manage the department Safety dashboard to meet or exceed targets
* Eliminate risk to the employees, products and environment through rigorous safety and accident investigations and high quality current risk assessments
* Conduct 1 Quality, Safety, Health and Environment (QSHE) audit per month and where required plans to close any non-conformances that were found.
* Lead a compliance culture within the site; act as a role model for company quality values by continually raising standards.
* Working with department heads:
* Manage the Site Quality dashboard to meet or exceed targets, including ongoing reduction in the quantity of customer complaints and micro results.
* Manage all non-conformances raised on internal / external audits, ensure closure of those non-conformances by set due dates.
* Ensure all team members adhere to SOP’s and comply with their individual responsibilities for GMP, to ensure there are no deficiencies
* Lead site towards “Always Audit Ready” establishing a culture of compliance where:
-Manufacturing GMP Standards are always maintained.
-Manufacturing records are accurately completed in real time to facilitate actions that allow the approval of documentation as required.
-Processes and procedures, including on line/in-process quality checks are followed rigorously to deliver consistent quality product
* Manage and motivate your team to deliver their Goals and Objectives;
-Conduct 1:1 reviews at the agreed interval with all staff building a review portfolio for the year, providing regular feedback on progress against their Goals and Objectives, setting short term actions to facilitate exceeding of close gaps in both performance and behaviour. Create a PDR for all team members.
-Lead disciplinary investigations as per company policy.
Coaching, mentoring the team to raise skill and competence levels to maximum flexibility of the team.
-Manage time and attendance of the team including; holidays, absence, overtime and timekeeping in line with current company policies and business needs. Ensure 100% completion RTW interviews.
-Conduct 1 Quality, Safety, Health and Environment (QSHE) audit per month and where required plans to close any non-conformances that were found.
-Proactively manage and embrace change, leading in areas of: Health & Safety, Food Safety, People, openly share knowledge with colleagues.|
-Management of the sites internal and third party manufacturing auditing systems.
-Maintaining and monitoring the sites strict microbiological requirements for finished product and plant hygiene.
-Interpreting micro-biological and hygiene results and providing guidance to the organisation on the release or otherwise of final product.
-Ensure onsite Laboratory compliance to Labcred standard, which includes training laboratory staff and administering associated PT schemes, maintaining the Laboratory Quality Manual, updating procedures and being responsible for document control
-Management of the consumer and customer complaints and developing and embedding corrective action plans on site
-Effectively manage spend within the department to fall in line with the quality budget
-Active involvement in all initiatives relating to performance improvement on site
-Proactively manage and embrace change, leading in areas of: Health & Safety, Food Safety, People, Delivery & Cost; openly share knowledge with colleagues.
* Experience Required:
-Educated to degree standard or equivalent in Food Science
-Demonstrable experience of managing external audits
-Supervision/management experience ideal
-Technical/ QA experience
-Excellent leadership skills
-Strong communication skills
-Positive & Proactive approach
-Driven by continuous improvement
-Ability to engage and influence at all levels
-Site Leadership Team
For further details please contact Scott Ballantine at D R Newitt Recruitment on (phone number removed)