IT Support - Greater Manchester - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 0c3003
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
IT Support Technician
Greater Manchester - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
Salary: £Competitive + excellent benefits (bonus, healthcare, pension, life cover etc.)
Location: Manchester area (home working available with some travel to HQ in Knutsford, Cheshire)
About the role
This is an entry-level/junior position that would be well suited to a recent graduate with very limited experience or someone with prior IT support experience/qualifications looking to progress their career in a rapidly expanding organisation. As an IT Support Technician you will provide onsite technical support and operations assistance. You will provide first class customer support to our global teams whilst demonstrating an eagerness to learn in a busy agency environment. Your role will primarily be ticket based, whilst also working on service delivery improvements and team processes. You will also have the opportunity to be involved in team projects, including migration and integration work. You will work in collaboration with other IT team members and proactively communicate status reports and issues to the IT Service Delivery Manager. There will be the opportunity to occasionally travel throughout the UK and US to provide onsite/in person support. In return, Fishawack will offer you excellent job benefits, on-going career opportunities and a supportive & flexible working environment.
Who are Fishawack Health?
Fishawack Health is the leading global commercialisation partner for the modern life sciences era. Powered by a globe-spanning pack of strategic, creative, and scientific experts, we are driven to connect patients and healthcare professionals with the knowledge they need to live better lives.
Our three core operating units—Commercial, Consulting, and Medical Communications—can be leveraged individually but are designed for dynamic collaboration, with expert teams intentionally and uniquely assembled for each project. By bringing together best-in-class capabilities from around the world, we empower our clients—global pharmaceutical, medical device manufacturers, and emerging biotech and healthcare companies—to navigate the most complex of ecosystems while embarking on a faster, more efficient path to developing, launching, and growing their brands and portfolios.
Our internationally recognised, award-winning teams collaborate across operations in the UK (Brighton, London, Manchester, Knutsford, Dublin and Oxford) and USA (Evansville, New York, Philadelphia, Minneapolis, Scottsdale, St. Louis, and San Diego).
What you'll do
* Provide daily support and management of incoming support requests
* Respond to help desk support requests, assisting users in person, on-line or by telephone
* Act as first-line support for all computers, printer, audio-visual and copier-related needs such as jam repair and service ticket submission
* Complete set up of new hires (computer, monitor, keyboard, accessories, office supplies and equipment)
* Provide new hires and end-user training on computers, phones, copiers, adobe and Microsoft packages, conferencing systems, IT policies and procedures and company specific systems
* Routinely review and update all AV systems in all conference facilities, insuring peak operating performance of projectors, CPUs, wireless peripherals etc.
* Work with phone system vendor for routine moves, adds, changes, employee setup and training materials.
* Ideally 6+ months' IT support experience
* Ability to work well with teams based in multiple locations
* Flexibility to travel to offices in the UK and US
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Problem-solving abilities
* Ability to proactively suggest and deliver improvements
* Degree/qualifications or some equivalent work experience
What we offer
We offer a creative, supportive environment with a uniquely diverse career structure where you will be able to continuously develop and tailor your career towards your preferred route. Our STEPS training programme – Supporting Training, Enhancing Professional Development – provides a broad range of training delivered in-house and on-line, and supplements on-the-job training/project team-led training initiatives. We also offer a generous company pension, private medical insurance plus many other excellent employee benefits