Assembly Operative - Barnsley - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 0c3d8d
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Barnsley - This Area Only
£9 - £10/hour
Permanent (Full time)
We are currently recruiting for the permanent position of Mechanical Assembly Operative. This is a permanent position, working Monday to Friday 6am to 2pm (you may also be required to work 8am to 4pm). Our Client uses sheet steel to manufacture large swarf conveyor equipment for customers in the machine tool industry across the world. Their products are built to customer specifications, so you will be working to detailed engineering drawings to ensure that the product is assembled right first time
* Perform a wide range of mechanical assembly operations to consistently produce work of accepted quality at or better than set standard hours. Work in this classification includes fitting and aligning to normal tolerances and assembly of component in finished products.
* In line with standard operating procedures: recognise and obtain proper fit, alignment, finish, and appearance on assembly, finished machines and belt assembly. Work to tolerances in accordance with drawing specifications and standard assembly instructions.
* Plan operations from drawings and wiring diagrams, sketches and verbal instructions.
* Maintain a clean and orderly work area, exercising proper care of both equipment and material.
* All duties to be carried out efficiently, to company-set standards of quality and pace of work, and with due regard to health and safety.
* Maintaining records as required under company procedures.
* Any other duties within the capabilities and training of the individual in line with the needs of the company.
* Team player, but also able to work on own initiative
* Good communicator – verbal and written.
* Ability to read bills of material and engineering/wiring drawings as appropriate to the level of assembler
* Experience of lean, 5S, and CI activities an advantage.
* FLT Licence and experience an advantage
Salary: £-£10 per hour