Los Condes, Zac., Mexico
Permanent (Full time)
We work in teams distributed between USA and Chile to perform research and development on how to improve our analytical assets in USA, Canada, Australia, Latin America and coming soon Europe; we are looking for candidates who are passionate about software development, learning new technologies and self-disciplined to finish what they started.
As a Big Data Engineer you will be applying computer science and data science knowledge across powerful distributed systems capable of parallel computation in order to design and implement global products and platforms. Our team works delivering Big Data solutions across different countries, so you will be really facing and exposed to all the interesting challenges that come with it.
Required Skills of the Software Engineer:
- Between 2 and 5 years of professional experience on a similar role working with Java.
- Experience with the version-control system Git.
- Intermediate English communication skills.
Preferred Skills of the Software Engineer:
- Experience with Big data technologies: hive, impala, mareduce, apache crunch.
- Strong knowledge about Computer science fundamentals: Databases, Algorithms and Operating Systems.
- Strong programming skills.
- Strong analytical skills to solve problems.
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming.
- Fast learner, self-motivated, proactive and passionate about technology.
- Experience working with agile methodology.
- Effective team player.
- Knowledge on Distributed Systems
Bachelor’s IT degree
- Develop software code per the requirements using Big Data technologies.
- Develop automated tests and ensure that the delivered code meets the requirements.
- Continuously improve technical skills participating in activities given by the Santiago Development Center.
- Apply and define good practices, such as, pattern designs and clean code when implementing solutions using Big Data technologies.
- Write technical documentation.
- Share technical knowledge with teammates.
- Active participation on technical meetings.
- Attend all the scheduled meetings, having a high participation
Primary Location: CHL-Santiago
Function: Function - IT Product Engineering
Schedule: Full time
Posted 10 days ago