Specialty Doctor - Wheaton Aston | Zoek UK | 0c4685
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Specialty Doctor - CAMHS
Wheaton Aston, Staffordshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Specialty Doctor to join our Child and Adolescents Mental Health Services at The Huntercombe Hospital Stafford in Wheaton Aston.
The Huntercombe Hospital Stafford is a 36 Bedded Tier 4 CAMHS hospital providing specialist care for young people aged 12-18 years with a range of mental health conditions and eating disorders. In this role you will be based on Hartley Ward, which is our CAMHS Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU).
We are looking for a Specialty Doctor to join our Multidisciplinary team and provide specialist support to our young people. As a Specialty Doctor your main duties will be:
* To be directly involved in the treatment of young people referred to the service, particularly in respect to the use of medication
* Being involved in the assessment and management of urgent referrals and/or ward referrals
* Participating in devising plans of action using a variety of therapeutic approaches
* Setting up and running client centred groups aimed at working with children/young people where appropriate
* Participating in the process of referral and admission both routine and emergency including preadmission assessment
* Contributing to specialist meetings for the services provided at the hospital and contributing to the development of service strategy
* Participating in case based discussion (CBD’s) for the purposes of their appraisal and re-validation as well as present academic papers and other areas of special interest at a weekly academic seminar currently arranged by the Medical Director
* Taking part in a 1:4 on-call rota
You will be:
* Fully GMC registered & MBBS (or equivalent) qualified
* Recent experience in psychiatry, ideally Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
* Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
* Knowledgeable of mental health legislation & codes of practice
* A first-rate communicator who can interview, assess & treat patients & write clear, comprehensive medical notes
* Committed to continued professional development
* Happy to participate in the 1:4 on call rota