Financial VAT Analyst
City of London, London
Up to £350.00 per day
A well known and reputable company based near Liverpool Street are currently recruiting for a Finance Analyst who specialises in VAT. This will initially be a 6 month contract with the possibility of extension. If you have previously worked on Spanish VAT compliance then this would be a bonus. They are essentially looking for an experienced Accountant with extensive experience within VAT compliance who is able to take ownership of VAT controls and assist with compliance tasks, identify process improvement opportunities for existing process and controls, and drive positive change across the business.
In terms of the interview process, it will be 2 stages consisting of a telephone screening followed by an on site interview.
Working within the VAT compliance team, your key responsibilities will include:
* Preparing, reviewing and submitting European VAT returns and related filings
* Preparation, review and submittals of intrastat returns
* Assisting with VAT registrations across various jurisdictions
* Preparation and review of monthend account reconciliations
* Providing internal and external audit support, including data analysis
* Assisting with mapping VAT processes and identifying areas for improvement
* Assisting with VAT compliance queries from businesses operating across Europe
* Demonstrable work experience working in a finance and/or VAT compliance function
* CIMA ,ACCA, ACA, AAT Qualified or similar credentials preferred
* Experience of Oracle is preferred but not essential
* Relevant accounting or tax experience (public/private mix preferred)
* Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
* Organised, analytical and methodical with strong attention to detail
* Good communication and personal skills with a handson teamoriented attitude
* Able to take ownership of work, initiate and implement change, and demonstrate a problem solving approach
* Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Posted 4 days ago