Agile Test Engineer - London | Zoek UK | 0c69be
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Agile Test Engineer
London, Greater London, England
£495/day inside IR35
Contract (Full time)
Agile Test Engineer - (Home/Remote working) - upto £495 a day negotiable (inside IR35)
* 6 months+ contract position, a Test Engineer is required to join the project team in a large government client.
* Immediate start, based remotely from anywhere in the UK during lockdown followed by possible limited on-site (1-2 day per month onsite, the rest is remote).
* Rate: upto £495 a day negotiable, based on skills/experience, inside IR35
We are looking for a delivery-focused Test Engineer to work on a Data Governance project. The client is a large central Government department and is looking to implement a Reference Data service, that enables data users to respond to demand for reliable reference data more effectively, streamlining the initial provision of (and notification of changes to) reference data to improve productivity and data quality while reducing organisational risk. This role will involve the planning and delivery of the full lifecycle for system and performance testing of the new environment.
Essential Skills Required:
The Performance Tester will be expected to have:
* Ability to understand user requirements and produce TDD to support developers and then build user journeys into testable automated scripts
* Deliver regression testing through the UAT and production environments
* Engage to include testing scripts as part of the DevOps pipeline (route to live)
* Well-rounded testing awareness – ability to develop test plans and approaches which cover the wider product needs . not just functional tests, but also awareness of testing security aspects, NFRs, Accessibility
* Coaching and guiding peer technical colleagues on test engineering best practice (full-stack and back-end engineers, devops, etc.), as well as leading and driving meetings to agree and document defect remediation routes (in an agile manner – . close off, push to the backlog, recommend to prioritise for next sprint etc.)
* Proactive. Someone who can work wider that a pure role remit. Would suit someone from a strong consulting background or those who like to operate in hybrid hands-on technical roles in development teams
* Strong influencer, capable of making clear recommendations based on evidence and sound rationale that is clearly articulated.
* Be able to create and maintain tests within a fast-moving Agile delivery framework - Atlassian tooling experience – working with 2 week sprints
* Develop and maintain strong relationships with key technical contacts within the client as well as drive relationships with other internal and external stakeholders
* Proven capability of “owning” deliverables and driving resolutions/outcomes.
* Familiarity with Government Digital Service standards (GDS), project stages and public sector ways of working is desirable
* Solid understanding of good data governance and data management principles.
* Practical skills to include:
* Creating and expanding automated back and front-end tests using standard back-end tech stacks – . using testing tools and scripting to test MYSQL/Postgres or other relational databases, Java-based API-heavy microservices . selenium, using Postman for API calls, etc.
* BDD / cucumber / working with business stakeholders to define and clarify the correct product behaviour
* Logging investigation / technical analysis / troubleshooting of undesirable product behaviour
* Understanding of working in teams using modern software development route-to-live practices . Gitlab, devops/Jenkins/cont integration, solutions hosted in the cloud (deployment to AWS, Azure)
Due to the sensitive nature of the client environment, SC Clearance may be required. Applicants will need to be located in the UK and have the ability to be security cleared, or have current transferable clearance already.
Please enclose your CV. Fast interview and decision-making process