Scrum Master - Milton Keynes - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 0c789e
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Milton Keynes - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
Office Depot has an exciting opportunity for a Scrum Master to join the growing team in our UK office in Milton Keynes. The role is a full-time, permanent position offering an excellent salary and benefits package.
There will be flexibility for some home working, but the office base will be MK and you will be expected to be on-site on a regular basis.
We are Office Depot. We provide business supplies and services to help our customers work better - whatever their workplace. We are a single source for everything customers need to be more productive, including the latest technology, core office supplies, print and document services, business services, facilities products, furniture, and school essentials.
Benefits of joining us as our Scrum Master:
- An attractive and competitive salary
- Excellent benefits scheme
- Generous holidays
- Free onsite parking
We're looking for an accomplished Scrum Master capable of delivering large-scale software and web development projects on time and on budget by effectively collaborating, facilitating, leading and coaching multiple teams. The teams work using Scrum or Kanban and you'll be expected to facilitate the standard agile activities (sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives, sprint reviews, etc…) to help them deliver the best quality products they can build.
You'll coach and educate your team and stakeholders in agile principles and will measure their performance and help your teams remove their impediments, but we'll expect you to do more than co-ordinate the usual ceremonies. We're looking for scrum masters who go above and beyond to improve their team's outcomes.
We also want someone who will create a fun and stimulating environment for their teams and bring in new ideas which influence our ways of working across the department by working with the other scrum masters.
Your responsibilities as our Scrum Master will include:
- Guiding, coaching agile practices and motivating the team with the goal of increasing productivity
- Being passionate about Scrum, Kanban, Lean Thinking, Lean Startup, eXtreme Programming, etc…
- Organising and leading Scrum ceremonies (Daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospectives)
- Communicating with key stakeholders
- Resolving conflicts and impediments by focusing on the Scrum values of openness, respect and honesty
- Overseeing and managing scope, timeline, quality, goals and deliverables that support business goals
- Forecasting and monitoring schedule and performance
- Identifying key KPIs
- Preparing and presenting reports on the progress and success of projects
Our ideal Scrum Master will also have the following skills and experience:
- 3 years of proven experience as a Scrum Master
- Experience being Scrum Master for offshore and near-shore teams
- Experience in business agile transformation
- A Certified Scrum Master (CSM or PSM)
- 5 years of experience with agile practices, patterns and techniques
- 2 years of experience with agile techniques such as User Stories, TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, etc...
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- A relentless approach to the pursuit of continuous improvement
- A critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
- A team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Nice to have: product, market and domain knowledge
Want to join our team? If you feel you have the skills and experience required for the Scrum Master role, please click ‘Apply’ today and take your next step towards a career with Office Depot