Tutor - Shepton Mallet | Zoek UK | 0c7eb6
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Tutor - Shepton Mallet
Shepton Mallet, Somerset, England
£25 - £30/hour
Temporary (Full time)
Lexia Education Services, work in partnership with schools, local authorities, parents and carers, acting as the missing "jigsaw piece" in organising and setting up an alternative or additional education provision.
Lexia Education Services, are seeking a Tutor to support a student on a 1:1 basis in Shepton Mallet. The successful Tutor will be passionate, enthusiastic and have good knowledge of the UK National Curriculum, having recent experience teaching young learners with additional needs.
About the Tutor assignment:
* A Year 9 student is in need of 2 x 2 hour sessions of Tuition per week, during the school day.
* The young learner has a diagnosis of Autism and has learning difficlties.
* The needs of this young learner are significant and the Tutor will need to show empathy, resilience and patience throughout the placement.
The successful Tutor will:
* Be passionate about working with children with additional needs.
* Be adaptable and quick learning, able to think on their feet.
* Have solid understanding of the UK national curriculum and be able to produce their own resources.
* Be able to set firm boundaries whilst showing empathy and resilience to pupil behaviours.
To be eligible the Tutor must:
* Hold a teaching qualification (QTS) or be qualified to degree level.
* Have a current and clear DBS (or be willing to process one).
* Have the right to work in the UK.
* Have experience working with children with additional needs.
* When joining Lexia you will become a part of the exclusive Lexia Education Services Community Forums, Resource Base and Tutor Hub. Join in the discussions, with like minded Educators and let the Community support you in your next Teaching role