Data Governance Consultant - Glasgow | Zoek UK | 0c804c
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Data Governance Consultant
RECRUITMENTiQ is working in partnership with a leading multinational law firm and a trusted adviser to corporates, financial institutions, and governments worldwide.
Our client is looking to recruit a Data Governance Consultant.
Data and information are one of the most important assets of the firm and therefore the holistic governance is key. This is especially important as Ashurst has recently embarked on an ambitious Data Strategy to support the firm's digital transformation journey.
This role, reporting to the Data Governance Lead, is focused on providing Data Governance advisory services to the firm and enabling the development of data artifacts, with the aim of creating the foundations for an improved system and process design, and a greater understanding of the data within the firm.
The Knowledge department aims to provide our lawyers and business services staff with the highest quality know-how, data, information resources, and research support to enable the delivery of consistently excellent client service.
- To produce conceptual and logical data models; data flow diagrams and interface control documents (integration data mapping documents) in conjunction with project teams and business data owners.
- Partner with project teams and Subject Matter Experts to ensure requirements and designs fit with data governance best practices.
- Guide and lead projects and data owners/subject matter experts in the development of data definitions, ensuring that the definitions are easily understood but unambiguous.
- Assist the Data Governance Lead in the oversight of projects across the firm, escalating where required.
- Engage with Business and IT Stakeholders and representatives to understand and discuss new and existing data governance requirements.
- Liaise with the IT Architecture team on data model design.
- Contribute to the population and maintenance of a centralized Architecture, Data, and Process repository (iserver).
- Work with the Data Protection team to understand and document the Creation, Reading, Updating, and Deleting of personal data across the firm, in a format easily maintained and able to be shared with a regulator.
- Work within IT and business teams as a Data Governance specialist, helping the teams deliver change, advising on best practices, and supporting the solution design.
- Engage with business teams to elicit data definitions and ensure ongoing maintenance and cross-referencing of these.
- Support in the delivery of Data Owner/subject matter expert training.
- Work with Business and Technical teams to agree and manage prioritization into the Delivery Teams.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requirements and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Proven aptitude and a passion for Data Governance as a discipline.
- Evidenced experience working with data in complex and changing environments.
- Strong understanding of Data Governance principles and deliverables.
- Awareness of trends and developments in the fields of data management and data analytics.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrable experience with business, functional, and systems requirements analysis.
- Strong aptitude for Data Modelling and the creation of all data artifacts.
- Excellent business acumen and interpersonal skills; able to work across business lines to influence and effect change to achieve common goals.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment and business awareness.
- Drive to deliver excellent customer service.
- Able and willing to collaborate in a team environment and exercise independent judgment.
- Open to change with a proactive and flexible attitude.
- Ability to work efficiently and use initiative.
- Keen interest in knowing the business and lateral/analytical thinking.
- Knowledge of Data Management best practices.
- Proficiency in working under pressure, multi-tasking, and prioritizing work.
- Ability to form collaborative relationships across functions.
- Skilled in engaging with both business and technical environments.
Desired Skills and experience
- Experience in a similar role in a professional services firm would be advantageous.
- Experience of working in a global team.
- Experience of working with iServer.