SEN Teaching Assistant needed for School in Kenton, Harrow
London Borough of Brent, UK
£65 - £70 per day
The school is a two-form entry community school set in beautiful grounds in Kenton. Who pride themselves on being a friendly, welcoming school and encourage parental involvement and support. Behaviour at this school is outstanding and the children love to come to school and learn. Children make good progress and become confident independent learners within a safe, secure and happy environment.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a compassionate and caring individual looking for a fulfilling new role, with a desire to make a real difference in pupil's lives.
This role may involve 1:1 support for pupils with SEMH needs along with autism (ASD) and speech language and communication needs (SLCN). Potential candidates should have a minimum NVQ Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in schools or is degree qualified.
The ideal candidate will:
- Support implementation of strategies to manage behaviour
- Record and report the students progress to the teacher and parents
- Establish and maintain relationships with the children and other staff
- Provide level of attention suitable to pupil's needs modifying approach to ensure that anticipated outcomes are achieved
- Confident EYFS curriculum
- Reliable, passionate and personable
What we can offer:
- Competitive pay package starting from £65 (depending on experience)
- A dedicated consultant who deals with each borough so you are guaranteed a bespoke service
- Extra CPD courses available
- Mobile app and online access to monitor your diary and control when you work
Additional training for SEN is great but not crucial as are able to offer course such as, NASEN, Autism Awareness Training and Read, Write Inc. Phonics Training.
This role is currently on a temp to perm basis with the strong possibility to gopermanent.
Posted 7 days ago