Senior Infrastructure Engineer
£380 - 420 per day
Job Title: Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Start Date: ASAP
Day Rate: £380-420
Length: Initial 6 Month contract
My client, are one of the UK's best respected Automotive firms in the UK and they are looking for the perfect Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join their team.
- To build, monitor, manage and repair the Microsoft and other related infrastructure services
- To ensure cloud environments are maintained, remain up to date and optimised to increase service functionality, reduce cost and automate repeatable processes
- Take technical ownership for all Microsoft and related services and resources managed by IT whether on premise or cloud based. Provide capacity and performance management for infrastructure and work with other team members to ensure future requirements are met and planned for
- Maintains specific subject matter expertise in core applications and is constantly scanning the horizon for technical innovation and improvement opportunities
- Define and promote the adoption of new, business-enabling and value-adding cloud technologies and services across the business and IT functions. Remain current on existing and emerging technologies and services, and how they can provide business benefit to the company
- To lead on the technical response to mission critical service outages
- Specify, enhance and develop documentation for standards conformance and best practices
- Specify, evaluate, review, test and document new infrastructure related products
- Conduct research on infrastructure related products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Demonstrable experience of service design, configuration and management across a broad range of Microsoft and related infrastructure services including server, desktop, messaging, unified comms, identity and access management, content management, load balancing, clustering, software distribution, monitoring, Cloud (Azure & AWS) and Office 365
- Demonstrable experience of technically supporting, managing and developing cloud implementations - from prototype through to production service, in environments such as AWS and MS Azure
- Demonstrable experience of migrating on premise services to cloud through virtualisation technologies
- In depth experience of providing second and third line support across the range of Microsoft and related infrastructure services.
- Experience with server performance tuning and monitoring tools i.e. SCOM and server patch management and deployment using SCCM.
- Ability to work with different application platforms / delivery mechanisms - Cloud, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, hybrid. Able to explain the pros and cons of these different mechanisms.
- Good scripting skills in PowerShell or alternatives.
If you feel like you are the perfect candidate for this role or know someone that is - then please send in your updated CV over.
Posted 28 days ago