£11.00 per hour
Permanent (Full time)
Morrison Utility Services are currently looking for a Storeman at our Thames Water site in Dartford. The successful candidate will undertake works in connection with the issuing of store’s material and the maintenance of stock, to include purchase orders and receiving goods.
As a Storeman your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Creation of purchase requisitions and the recording of goods inwards/outwards using company bespoke software. Ensure checks to verify stock levels for re-ordering are accurate and appropriate.
- To take delivery of goods delivered into stores, with the use of a Telehandler where required. Ensure that goods are checked off in an accurate and timely manner and checks for damages and quantity. Update computer system to enable accurate stock levels using Hand Held Device.
- Put materials away in stores after deliveries in a FIFO order.
- To get materials out ready for collection for operatives on a daily basis and to issue the materials out using the HHD (Handheld Device)
- Assist with stock checks.
- Keep stores area clean and tidy.
- To cover work at other sites when required.
- To support the teams with site based deliveries of materials when requested and deliver materials and fittings to other sites when required.
- Keep yard area clean and tidy and make sure everybody working in the yard area works in a safe manner.
- Manage the skips on site, ensuring that materials are correctly disposed of in the appropriate skips to maximise recycling possibilities.
- To unlock/lock up the yard and stores as required.
- A full clean driving license.
- Knowledge of using a HHD (Handheld Device) for the use in managing and booking out stock.
- Computer literate.
- Methodical and organised and able to work on own initiative.
- A good knowledge of the water industry and fittings used within the industry (preferred but not essential as in house training will be given).
- CPCS Telehandler (preferred but not essential as in house training will be given).
What’s in it for you:
21 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
Personal Accident Insurance
Company van and fuel card (business use only)
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water, gas and telecom sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
‘M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.
Posted 70 days ago