Quality Engineer - Newcastle upon Tyne | Zoek UK | 0c9835
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Business Unit: CIO, Digital Solutions
Starting Salary:£29,500 - £40,000 per annum DOE
Location: UK, Flexible
Contract Type: Permanent
In our quest to make things better, we never stop looking at how every bit of banking works. We sweat the small stuff, because we know it makes a big difference for our customers. But at the heart of this are our people - who we couldn't do without. Our bold and brilliant colleagues who bring their A game every single day. The question is - are you ready to bring yours?
In Digital Solutions we are proud that we are the team which deliver the digital capabilities that enable our customers to engage with their finances when and how they want to. We deliver across web and mobile channels across a range of technologies. Being digital and on the go has never been so important - We love what we do and it's truly an exciting time to join the team!
We're looking for someone ambitious who of course loves the techy side of being a technologist but also someone who cares about delivering engaging customer experiences.
We believe in collaboration, with Agile at the heart of everything we do. We aren't perfect (who is?) so we iterate and improve as we go. We are looking for people who can, not only help us continue to disrupt the banking sector but also how we become better at what we do!
We are looking for best in class Quality Automation Engineers to join our Quality Engineering Chapter. Within Digital solutions we are delighted to be hiring experts in developing and executing exploratory and automated tests to ensure our digital products demonstrate market leading quality. You'll be embedded in our tribes/squads to drive test automation and framework(s) that complement our development approach. You will work collaboratively with our testing teams to review our manual testing packs and migrate this effort to an automated testing pack to move us to a CI/CD delivery approach. You will develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet stakeholder needs as well as track and improve quality metrics to demonstrate the benefits of an automated first approach.
Day to day you'll be…
- Using your in depth understanding of quality frameworks such as TDD and BDD as well as your experience with automation principles and toolsets such as Selenium, Cucumber, cloud based and performance test tools, continuous integration tools, service virtualization and jira to help us delight our colleagues and customers.
- Working with engineering leads; product owners and other competency chapter leads to understand the CIO & tribe priorities.
- Working as a team you will facilitate the best solution and help prioritise the backlog for the tribe which will demonstrate the most relevance for our colleagues and customers.
- Using your knowledge and proactive approach to identify technical impediments and working directly to resolve these.
- Working with tribe members to support and educate on quality first principles, whilst facilitating CI/CD.
To be brilliant you'll need to bring:
- Previous practical experience with a proven track record of success in Test Automation, as well as setting up frameworks on multiple application types and platforms: Web, Microservice/API & Mobile apps
- Previous knowledge and experience of implementing testing fundamentals such as TDD, BDD and Scrum
- Hands-on experience with Cucumber & Gherkin
- Experience of working in an agile environment with at least foundational experience of digital infrastructure, configuration management, continuous integration & automated software releases.
- Deep knowledge and insights into testing best practices and implementation of unit, functional, integration, regression, tooling and frameworks covering functional requirements.
- Previous experience of working as a part of a Scrum team, in shaping User Stories and identifying acceptance criteria and key test scenarios
- Skilled in automating functional testing in sprint and maintaining automated regression packages
- Proven ability to produce and automate appropriate test artefacts . test plans, approaches, summary reports.
Overall, your attitude and approach are as important as the experience and skills that you will bring.
The icing on the cake would be….
- Computer Science and/or Engineering degrees (or equivalent practical experience) are preferred while other degree subjects may be considered
- Highly effective communication skills working with all levels of the organisation
- Relentless focus on delivering business value through sound engineering methods and principles
We really need you to have the skills and experience listed in the "to be brilliant you'll need to bring"?section above, but the final section is?just our wish list, so please don't let that put you off applying, we'd love to hear from you!?
RED HOT Rewards
• A generous holiday package and the option to buy more!
• Private Medical Insurance - with the option to extend to family members.
• Pension! A market leading pension - we'll top up your contributions too.
• Flexible benefits - customise your rewards to work for you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It's good for you, it's good for us and it's amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don't think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We'd love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at or
Point to note…
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know!