Cleaning & Waste Operative
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
- To supervise / operate specific equipment, cleaning practises and use of chemicals to the correct operational guidelines.
- To assist and liaise with the site Manager in the operation of the Night Shift on issues and initiatives.
- To ensure that all Health and Safety is understood and adhere to the site rules and maintain a smart appearance.
- To carry out a daily and weekly check of all machinery to make sure that it is in a safe working condition and reporting any faults to the Site Manager.
- To review all equipment verifying that they are kept clean and that equipment and materials are left secured when not in use.
- To help monitor the waste produced using the weekly checklist and monitoring procedure.
- To deal with Customer complaints immediately in conjunction with the Site Manager.
- To attend appropriate training sessions to update knowledge of equipment, materials and company procedures.
- To ensure awareness of Company/Client statutory fire and safety regulations and provide good safety methods of work.
- To undertake cleaning duties and any other related duties which are within the job holder’s capability, according to the needs of the business and as directed by the Line Manager.
- Must be able to complete appropriate documentation in line with the Contract requirements.
- Must fall into the required shift pattern as deemed suitable to meet Contractual requirements.
- Have a flexible approach to the role.
- Proven supervision / Customer Focus and Service Skills.
- The ability to prioritise workload effectively, with good organisational skills.
- Detail conscious.
- Able to work from own initiative.
- Good awareness of Health and Safety legislation.
- Excellent Time Management Skills.
Health and Safety responsibilities:
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
Posted 12 days ago