Software Engineering Manager - Reading | Zoek UK | 0c9cc9
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Software Engineering Manager
£ 70000.00 - £ 75000.00 Per Annum
Permanent (Full time)
Salary: £70,000 - £75,000 plus excellent benefits and hybrid working.
We are looking for a highly experienced Software Engineering Manager with proven leadership experience. The ideal candidate will have a deeply technical background (ideally as a software engineer) but should not expect to be 'hands on' writing code in this role. This role is about leading and developing our people. To be succesful here you should have fantastic people skills, empathy, organisation and communication skills along with working knowledge of different engineering disciplines and delivery methodologies. The perfect candidate will have a knack for leading deeply technical engineers, building trust, delivering honest feedback and will truly, deeply, care about improving the individuals in their team and the wider company.
Role and Responsibilities:
This will not be a hands-on technical role, but requires someone who has that experience in the past and knowledge to help mentor and coach their team. This role will manage between 5-10 engineers at varying levels (Junior right up to Principle Engineer) across multiple disciplines. Technology stack varies, but will include Java, iOS, Android, , and more.
You should apply for this role if...
- You are passionate about helping engineers be the best they can
- You love building high-performing cross functional teams
- You like coaching and mentoring engineers, particularly in an agile delivery environment
- You do not shy away from giving neccessary feedback, but can build the trust and relationship with your team so that feedback is recieved in the right manner.
- You are a fantastic technical translator - You can help coach your team in how to develop in this area.
- You enjoy searching for, and hiring the right people - You really own the recruitment process and do not rely on third parties or agencies to do this for you (Although they will be on hand to help)
- You understand that retention of talent is of utmost significance to us and ideally you have a lot of demonstrable experience in doing this.
- You are an excellent communicator - You can help to facilitate the communication of companies strategic vision to our engineers.
This is not a role designed for a first-time manager. If you are a highly experienced manager looking to join a team of fantastic engineers with an exciting and truly innovative product roadmap then you should apply.
We are looking for 5+ years demonstrable people management experience
Ideally 5+ years prior to that in a hands-on technical role
Yell is at an exciting point in it's history. Yell has helped hundreds of thousands of businesses in the UK to be a success. Recently we have launched Yell Messaging in partnership with Apple to allow consumers to directly message our businesses via Apple Business Chat. This platform is proving transformational and the potential to take the interactions further is enormous. We're really excited about what we need to deliver in the next 2 years, and we hope you will be too!