Up to £14.16 per hour
CDS Recruitment are working with our client who are looking to recruit an Experienced Quality Inspector on temporary short term basis. The Contract is initially expected to last 2 weeks but has potential to carry on longer.
- The role
- Reporting to the Senior Quality Engineer, the Quality Inspector will be part of a wider quality assurance and quality control team interacting with the clients internal operations department to ensure exacting quality standards are met that drive world class engineering and maintain customer satisfaction of both their products and end users.
- Reporting to the Senior Quality Engineer, the Quality Inspector will be part of a wider quality assurance and quality control team interacting with our clients internal operations department to ensure exacting quality standards are met that drive world class engineering and maintain customer satisfaction of both our products and end users.
- Duties will include
- *Carrying out formal evaluation and inspection checks of machined product in accordance with defined manufacturing procedures and quality standards, using a wide range of inspection equipment (e.g. gauges, verniers, shadowgraph, surface finish measuring equipment).
- *Ensuring all measurements and checks are correctly recorded on our integrated quality software system.
- *Supporting the determination of acceptable and unacceptable internal and external quality standards, segregating nonconforming product.
- *Identifying and reacting accordingly to quality problems with speed and precision.
- *Raise any quality issues with the appropriate personnel; including agreement on the feasibility to rework, whilst identifying and implementing corrective actions.
- *Liaising with internal departments to ensure high quality products are produced.
- *Supporting investigations carried out by quality engineers.
- *Interpreting engineering drawings.
- *Supporting the training of apprentices and trainees.
- *To ensure that you work in a safe manner and comply with the companys health, safety and environmental policy.
- *To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected.
- The person
- The successful candidate will have experience of working as a Quality Inspector within a high volume, fastpaced environment, as well as having an understanding of quality assurance processes and systems. An eye for detail is essential, as well as an understanding or experience of Lean Six Sigma application.
- The candidate must be IT literate with experience of SAP/ERP and MS Office. They should also have an enthusiasm for quality systems and processes and the role that quality supports in the company.
- Normal hours of work are 37 per week. Flexibility within this role is important as activities will involve shiftworking to meet production needs, and an ability to work with a variety of various production machines.
- If you are an experienced Quality Inspector willing to work a temporary contract, please click apply now in the first instance.
Posted 21 days ago