Transport / Fleet Manager - Wainscott | Zoek UK | 0ca205
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Transport / Fleet Manager
Wainscott, Medway, England
Permanent (Full time)
Purpose and objectives of the role:
Optimum Power Services is a company specialising in critical and temporary power rental and hire services across a wide selection of industry sectors.
The Transport / Fleet Manager will be responsible for managing all OPS kit, transport, and subcontracted transport. Liaise and arrange most cost-effective transport for kit deliveries and collections. Maintains OPS fleet vehicles. OPS Asset.
* Takes ownership of delivery and collection of all OPS kit
* Takes ownership of delivery and collection of cross hired kit
* Engages with and manages sub-contractors for transport
* Engages with sales/ hire and operations
* Engages with OPS customers with updates on timings of delivery/collections and touch points
* Updates FST and FST coordinator with timings of transport moves
* Takes ownership of huddle board updates
* Weekly P+L report on transport recoveries and spend
* Ensures delivery/ collection paperwork is printed or sent electronically
* Raises POs to respective subcontractors
* Financial awareness and efficiency of transport movements
* Manages OPS fleet vehicles and associated needs.
* Vehicle tax and insurance for fleet cars and OPS vans and trucks
* Accident repairs and reports for OPS fleet cars and OPS vans and trucks
* Deals with speeding and parking violations/fines
* Ensures road worthiness and Euro compliance for travelling abroad
* Manages milage of OPS fleet cars, vans and trucks
* Books and arranges vehicle servicing and repairs alongside service coordinator
* Manages mileage claims against personal and business use for OPS Employees as required
* Develop and implement innovative fleet management solutions
* Able to assist other departments when the need arises
* Full UK driving license/ tachograph and CPC in date
* Ideally familiar in all OPS Products (critical Power) with a strong knowledge in 3 of OPS key products/areas
* International freight and logistics experience/ ATA Carnet knowledge and understanding essential
* Mechanical & Electrical experience would be advantageous
* Be able to work alone, self-motivated, flexible, proactive, and committed with good time management skills
* Be an effective team player when working with colleagues to ensure smooth workflow with maximum output
* Computer Literate with MS programs
* Understanding of H&S and able to engage with initiatives. Works within OPS Electrical Safety Rules, (ESR’s)
Salary Negotiable, Subject to Skills, Knowledge and Experience
We reserve the right to close this posting early should a suitable individual be found.