Academic Services Officer
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
£22k per year
Permanent (Full time)
Academic Services Officer
Salary: £22k per annum
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
Our client is a diversified global education provider that offers an extensive range of educational services for students and professionals including university programs and language training.
Responsibilities of the Academic Services Officer:
The Academic Services Officer is a critical member of the College team in the administration of the key aspects of the student life cycle. The Academic Services Officer will assist the Manager of Academic Services (MAS) in the implementation and delivery of effective academic services including: enrolment and orientation; teaching and learning processes and delivery; student assessment and exams; student data processing; welfare support (student in jeopardy programme); student enrichment and enhancement; maintenance and review of academic and student records; student communication. The Academic Services Officer will support all policies and regulations as they relate to the student environment, ensuring each student has the appropriate academic programme and support in place to will enable students to perform to the best of their ability.
Requirements of the Academic Services Officer:
- University level qualifications or at least two (2) years' experience in a relevant industry and/or have equivalent qualifications and/or professional experience
- Experience of working in a customer services/education front of house service
- Can communicate with staff and students from a diverse range of cultural and educational backgrounds
- Good verbal and written English language communication skills
- Good data analysis and presentation skills
- Good administrative and organisational skills
- Good data processing and manipulations skills
- Good team-working skills
- Good understanding of the importance of file management (including electronic files)
- Be able to prioritise duties, and seek clarification and guidance from manager when faced with competing priorities
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of equal opportunity, equity and workplace health and safety principles and ability to implement them at the strategic and/or operational level
- Possess a "can do" mentality
- Shine when under pressure
- Flexible attitude to work including a willingness to work weekends and evenings in support of student and administrative activities
- Commitment to self-improvement
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are eligible to work in the UK on an ongoing basis. CRIC is a safeguarding employer and the successful applicant will be required to undergo a DBS check.
Our client offers outstanding long-term career opportunities within the UK and abroad, and is a value driven and an equal opportunity employer. CRIC reserve the right to fill the position by invitation.
If you feel like you meet the above criteria for the Academic Services Officer, then please apply now!
Closing Date: Monday 21 st October 2019
Posted 48 days ago