St Albans, Hertfordshire
PartTime PE Teacher Maternity Cover required in a maintained special school in St Albans, in the county of Hertfordshire for September 2019.
The role is PartTime, 3 days a week (0.6). You will be working with the whole school with an age range from 319.
This is a Good (Ofsted, 2016) maintained special school for children and young people aged 319 with severe and profound learning needs including autism such as complex physical disabilities, high health needs, and sensory impairments and associated communication and learning needs. This role will involve teaching small classes of 6, tailoring your teaching approach to the childrens individual needs and liaising closely with support staff.
They believe that all pupils are entitled to a stimulating, personalised curriculum where each and every pupil can learn, develop and make progress. They strive to ensure the curriculum is broad, balanced and flexible for all pupils.
The school is separated into the EYFS department, Lower/Middle School and Upper School.
The curriculum is based on a thematic approach and is designed to ensure personalisation for individuals and so that each and every pupil makes progress in all areas of their learning and development.
They are looking for a part time PE Teacher who:
- Has a passion for teaching and learning
- Are outstanding practitioners
- Has energy and drive, who can develop and deliver personalised learning for each child, lead a team of teaching assistants, lead in professional meetings and discussions and contribute to whole school developments.
- Are committed to their own professional development
- Have a positive attitude to their life, their work and their colleagues as well as the children and families they work with.
- Are selfmotivated, but collaborative, sharing and open, who look for solutions rather than problems
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Be a specialist PE Teacher
- Model outstanding classroom practice in PE
- Be passionate about ensuring that pupils get the very best education at all times
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Motivate and support colleagues and work collaboratively with professionals from a range of outside agencies
- Have a range of people management skills and an ability to tackle issues and be accountable and responsible for decisions
- Have experience of organising extracurricular offsite PE activities
By registering with Tradewind, we can offer you:
- We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
- We care about your training and development more than any other agency which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 25 to be exact! Thats 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- Great referral scheme recommend a friend and earn up to *£100
- Full interview preparation and assistance so youre fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning our support doesnt stop once weve secured you a placement
- Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click Apply now to be considered for this role in St Albans please contact Georgia Lyme on ######### ######### . We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your career.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates, clients and employees come first. At Tradewind you will have access to 25 fully certified CPD courses, thats 18 more than our next nearest competitor, all focused on making you the best you can be. We have the very best people available to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you. Put simply; we listen, we learn, we deliver. Why? Because our people matter most. We specialise in matching Teachers and Support Staff to their dream job, and help Primary, Secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 11 offices in the UK, including: London, the West Midlands, the North West, East Anglia, the North East, the South West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, Herts and Bucks. Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.
Posted 49 days ago