Transport Manager - Chepstow | Zoek UK | 0ccc28
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Chepstow, Monmouthshire, Wales
£40000 - £55000/annum + Benefits
Permanent (Full time)
Strive Supply Chain are a leading management recruitment consultancy, specialising in Supply Chain, Production, Planning, Logistics, Transport & Warehouse Operations, please visit our website or join us on twitter ###### for further vacancies and information.
Our client is a major FMCG distributor in the UK. We are delighted to assist them in their search for a Transport Manager at their site in Monmouthshire.
Reporting into the General Manager and with one direct report / four in-directs, you will be responsible for the day to day running of the busy Transport operation, with a fleet size of c75 units and 85 Drivers, the site operates on a multi-drop basis.
Key Accountabilities as Transport Manager:
* The leadership and management of all aspects of the Depot Transport operation in order to ensure that deliveries are made On Time, In Full (OTIF)
* To control all department costs within agreed budgets, and / or flex accordingly based on volume, .D. hours or customer requirements
* To produce key performance indicators relating to the transport department as required by the Head of Operations.
* Proactively drive the transport department forward by strategically planning for the future utilising experience of the wider market and developments in transport technology.
* Influence the way the transport department operates and improve in areas such as fuel costs, maintenance spend, agency costs etc
* To ensure the transport department is compliant in its practices in line with the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency.
The Ideal Person for the Transport Manager role:
* Able to demonstrate significant transport experience within a multi-drop, FMCG environment
* Possess a CPC Qualification
* Have established management experience at a senior level
* Be able to demonstrate both strong leadership and people management skills
* Be able to work under pressure, multi tasking and prioritising work loads successfully.
Apply now for immediate consideration to join one of the UK’s major Distribution success stories.