Senior Buyer - Solihull | Zoek UK | 0cd113
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Automotive, advanced engineering
Salary to be discussed on application, Professional fees paid, Pension, , 25 days holiday
We are working with an advanced engineering and manufacturing business that are specialists in mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic components, modules, and systems for all sectors of the automotive industry.
We have been asked to assist in the recruitment of a senior buyer to join the business. Reporting to the purchasing manager, you will be an experienced procurement professional and have experience in purchasing of direct prototype and production materials, ideally with electrical experience. We are also keen to talk to candidates who have experience of sourcing castings.
The key functions of the role:
- To ensure products / services are sourced in the most optimum manner in adherence with the group's sourcing strategy and departmental KPI's.
- Prepare and implement sourcing strategies for key commodities.
- To maintain a supplier base acceptable for delivery of both new and existing products.
- Manage the commercial exposure and risks within the supply base, handing over to the Production Purchase Group at the agreed point.
- Support the Material Control & Logistics departments to ensure Production materials are at the point of use in a timely manner.
- To support the Purchasing Manager in the management of departments deliverables.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Ensure supply contracts are negotiated in line with agreed sourcing and business strategies.
- Ensure supplier contractual arrangements are appropriate in managing all potential risks to the business.
- Conduct the appropriate tendering activities to provide the necessary information for management approval.
- Ensure costs are controlled within the bill of material targets.
- Management of the suppliers relationship to ensure adherence to quality cost and delivery targets
- To assess and report on potential suppliers both technically and commercially ensuring minimal risk to the business.
- To ensure all activities are undertaken in line with current policies and procedures.
- To ensure adequate information interchange within Purchasing and all relevant departments.
- To assist, advise, encourage, develop, and motivate others as required.
- To assist other team members when appropriate.
Qualifications / Education / Experience required:
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent.
- Experience in automotive or engineering production purchasing environments.
- Experienced in production component purchasing and material management.
- Experienced user in all aspects of the APQP delivery process.
- PC literate and able to confidently use MS Office products.
- Experienced user of SAP business management systems.
- Knowledge of casting processes and procurement of castings a distinct advantage.
- Experience of working in a matrix organisation advantageous.
Other beneficial attributes:
- Certificate of Higher Education in Engineering / Business Studies and/or Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply, CIPS qualification or MCIPS
- Knowledge of manufacturing technologies, process and applications used within automotive powertrain products.
- Understanding of the different manufacturing techniques used in transmission production or other powertrain related products.
- Ability to read engineering drawing.
- Experience in global sourcing.
- Good attention to detail.
- A positive attitude with a high level of self-motivation and self-reliance.
- A willingness to operate outside their normal comfort zone.
- Excellent team and communication skills.
- Well organised and able to remain focused under pressure.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.