Commercial Business Development - Castle Community | Zoek UK | 0cd683
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Commercial Business Development Officer - Remote
Castle Community, Cardiff, Wales
Permanent (Full time)
Commercial Business Development Officer
Line Manager/responsible to: Operations Director
Base: Home based (field)
Hours: Full-time (37 hours per week)
Salary: Basic £30,000 per annum Plus on target bonus (amount to be agreed).
We would love to find a passionate, highly energetic and extremely motivated individual to join our vibrant team as a Commercial Business Development Officer. We need someone who relishes meeting targets within a close knit department.
The position involves the promotion of all Portal’s services to existing and new customers with a primary focus towards the growth of Portal’s commercial training department.
Business development/sales experience is essential however, formal qualifications held in this field are not essential.
This position is home (field) based however as travel is expected on occassions, ability to travel is essential.
Summary of Role
To promote, sell and raise awareness of all Portal Training commercial products and services to existing and new customers across Wales and South-west England.
Establish and build positive relationships by conducting sales activities in order to achieve growth and income targets.
Sales and Marketing
* Actively and positively promote all Portal Training commercial products and services.
* Work in line with sales plans developed in collaboration with Portal’s Marketing and Communications Officer.
* Achieve monthly commercial income targets of £8500 per calendar month (excluding VAT).
* Accurately track commercial sales and referrals to ensure monthly income targets are achieved.
* Work in collaboration with Portal’s Marketing and Communications Officer to maintain an accurate, up to date and compliant databases in order to track sales activities.
* Work in collaboration with Portal’s Marketing and Communications Officer to promote Portal’s commercial products.
* Refer Bespoke commercial interest/starts to Portal’s Quality Manager so the customer can be provided with more in-depth course content or so bespoke programmes to be designed.
* Refer off-the-shelf commercial courses to Portal’s Quality Manager and raise invoices with Portal’s Senior Accounts Officer.
* Attend relevant, agreed conferences and events to positively promote Portal’s products, services, and brand to secure new business and raise Portal’s profile.
* Ensure all communication is GDPR compliant in line with Portal’s Information Security Handbook.
* Respond to and follow up all enquires in a positive, appropriate and timely manner.
* Ensure positive and professional relationships are developed and maintained with existing and new customers.
* Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading trade publications and attending networking events.
* Take part in any project work deemed necessary by Portal Training’s Senior Management team.
* Fully engage with and adhere to Portal Training’s company values.
* Embrace Portal Training’s strategies, polices and processes.
* Ensure that all your practices adhere to information security policies, procedures and legislation.
* Work as a team to ensure continuous quality improvements supporting the company’s journey to excellence.
* Keep outlook calendars up to date at all times.
The above duties are not an exhaustive list and should be viewed as guidance.
Your line manager or Portal’s Senior Management team may ask that you take part in additional duties in order to fully utilise your experience, skills and knowledge.
* Excellent rapport building and people skills.
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
* Personable with a proven track record of working with a diverse range of individuals.
* A highly self-motivated individual with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
* A proven track record in effective interdepartmental relationships.
* Excellent time management.
Essential Experience and Skills
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Experience of working within a business development /sales role.
The ability to research to stay abreast of current matters relevant to client base.
Experience in delivering presentations.
A proven track record in forging and maintain excellent working relationships.
Desirable Experience and Skills
Experience of working within the sports sector.
Additional Benefits: laptop, mobile phone, generous holiday package, contributory pension scheme, health care cash back scheme and more.
Portal reserve the right to close vacancies sooner if a vast amount of suitable applications is received. We encourage early applications for consideration of this post.
Applicants will receive a communication progressing their application to the next stage within 2 weeks after the closing date. Should this not be received, applicants can assume their application has not been successful on this occasion.
Closing Date: 20th August 2021
Interview date: TBC