Up to £8.53 per hour + Rewards, Pension, Paid DBS
Support Worker Havant, Hampshire £8.53 per hour
- Voyage Care are currently looking to recruit a number of Support Workers into our supported living services in Havant, Hampshire. As a Support Worker with Voyage Care you will be working with people who have varying degrees of learning disabilities and mental health needs. You will be promoting independence and supporting them to lead a life that is as fulfilling as possible by enabling them to participate in social based activities and day to day tasks.
Benefits to a career with Voyage Care:
- Competitive rates of pay
- A clearly defined career path if you want it
- A mixture of in house training and nationally recognised qualifications (such as the level 3 in Health & Social Care) fully paid for by us
- Paid DBS & Holidays
- Life insurance & Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail rewards & savings
- Long service awards
- Refer a friend from now £250£750 T&Cs Apply
- Flexibility. This is a shift based role that can include working on weekends and bank holidays so flexibility is essential.
- A passion for delivering excellent customer service and a genuine desire to help people
- The ability to work well within a team
- The ability to work to robust, clear guide lines
- Prior experience in health and social care is desirable but not essential. We can and will provide full training
- A driver with their own vehicle would be highly advantageous
What does a Support Worker role look like on a day to day basis:
- Helping people to shop for things they wish to buy including their clothes and food, and to prepare their meals as required.
- Helping people to do their housework, including cleaning and laundry.
- Supporting people with all aspects of personal care where required but always promoting as much independence as possible. Personal care may include: washing/bathing, dressing, continence care, using the toilet
- Help the people we support to manage their own money.
- Supporting people with the activities they enjoy, which can include; shopping, swimming, horse riding, trampolining, holidays, walks, activity centres, zoos, cinema, music sessions and much more.
- Working in a supportive manner with colleagues, families and external parties, building trust by being open and honest.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Click Apply to complete our one page applicationAll applications & CVs received are reviewed on a daily basis.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check and Regulated Activity which will include a check against the Barred adult list. Should your employment with Voyage Care terminate for any reason within the first 3 months of your employment start date, the full cost of the DBS will be repayable back to us. Deducted from your final salary.
- * Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010
Posted 36 days ago