IT Business Analyst - Guildford | Zoek UK | 0cefcc
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
IT Business Analyst
Guildford, Surrey, England
Permanent (Full time)
This key role supports the delivery of projects and programmes across IT, working with supporting functions including IT, Product, Security and Test. The role is part of the Projects & Programmes team who are accountable for the delivery of transformation projects and new product developments for BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. This role will suit an individual who is keen to develop their career in a fast-paced, commercially driven and customer-focused environment.
This role can be based from any of our main UK offices (Guildford, Gloucester, London, Leeds or Manchester) or predominantly home based within the UK, with travel to the office on average one day per week. Flexible working arrangements are encouraged and can be discussed during the recruitment process.
What you'll be doing
- Working with our Project and Product teams, you will lead the analysis effort on significant programmes and projects, through owning and facilitating the requirements process and providing analytical insight to drive solutions.
- Effectively capture, document and manage business need, including shaping and scoping ideas, aligning to business strategy and business goals, eliciting business requirements, and ensuring traceability of requirements throughout the project lifecycle.
- Accurately assess business architecture impact, including the impact of change on existing processes, organisation and technology. Capturing and documenting new and updated business processes, business intelligence, data and information modelling.
- Develop relationships with Project Managers, Product Managers, Subject Matter Experts and transformation leads throughout the business to understand taxonomies, portfolio and product strategy, transformation paths and networks.
- Lead benefit case analysis and feed output into programme business cases by utilising information from networks, security, product management and to support new product and transformation projects.
- Identify and document new product developments, transformation development and dependencies, including supporting the analysis of capex/opex funding, checkpoint schedules, launch dates, quality assessments etc.
- Identify and document product, network and IT dependencies across our Technology, Product and IT teams. Ensure integration of this information with programme timelines to identify any gaps and conflicts for transformation projects and product developments.
- Define, build, maintain and develop an integrated roadmap with up-to-date information captured across Product, Technology and IT teams within the company as appropriate.
- Deep dive analysis on business requirements, problem statements, security and networks.
- Provide reporting updates.
- Create and sustain collaborative working relationships with other stakeholders.
What we're looking for
- You will need to be a confident communicator with excellent influencing, negotiation and problem solving skills. Experienced in working up to senior management level and have the ability to structure complex information and communicate in the most appropriate way to the relevant stakeholders.
- Skills and experience in using a wide range of business analysis tools and techniques are essential, and an understanding of Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Exposure to a variety of industries is desirable, with Cyber Security or Defence being advantageous.
- A BCS BA diploma is desirable.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Corporate Functions
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Corporate Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Corporate Functions enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Corporate Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.