HGV Mechanic - Halton - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 0cf519
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
HGV Mechanic - £47.5k - Runcorn
Halton - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
Deekay is a specialist in Logistics & Supply Chain recruitment, working nationally for a host high profile businesses within the industry.
My client is a very well-established, logistics and distribution business operating across multiple UK depots and we are delighted to support in their search for a talented HGV Mechanic to join their team within the VMU at their site near Runcorn.
You will be playing a key role in keeping the business functioning, ensuring that the modern fleet of tractor units (mainly Scania) and their trailers are maintained and repaired to the demanding high standards of the business and of course the DVSA.
Monday-Friday 07:30-17:00 / 2 in 3 Saturdays (overtime paid)
* To complete all inspections and repairs to units and trailers to correct specifications
* Carry out routine inspections, planned maintenance, MOT Preparation and repairs on all makes of vehicles and trailers to VOSA standard.
* Carry out fault diagnostic, troubleshooting and rectification using the manufacturers computer systems.
* To ensure minimum disruption to fleet
* Manage time to ensure limited down time of vehicles
* Communicate with workshop managers and Transport department, planning vehicles to be off the road as much in advance as possible
* Complete all paperwork accurately and submit within required time scales, including job cards
* You must comply with all health and safety rules and regulations regarding the health and safety of yourself and others who may be affected by your acts or omissions
* Use appropriate PPE as required
* To comply with all legislation & compliance which applies to you
* Time served LGV/HGV Mechanic/Fitter
* NVQ Level 3 or B/TEC Qualifications
* Excellent communication Skills
* Have a professional manner about you at all times
* Take pride in what you do
* Ability to be organised to prioritise workload whilst demonstrating time management skills
* Commitment to health and safety
* Ability to work under pressure and flexible in their approach
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a very well-established but continually growing business in a key role keeping the business alive and providing great customer care