Operations Director - Print Industry
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, England
Salary Negotiable Dependant on Experience, Bonus + Healthcare
Operations Director, Salary Negotiable Dependant on Experience, Bonus + Healthcare
Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week, Flexibility would be required
Print Specialist based on the outskirts of Bury St. Edmunds
Hales Recruitment are currently working with a local niche specialist printer on the recruitment of an Operations Director with proven experience within the industry. This non-executive Director position is to oversee and manage the daily operations of the site.
- Responsible to the owner of the company; As the Number Two to the owner the role would need to have a good commercial understanding of the workings of a medium sized private business
- To ensure the smooth, timely passage of all product through the factory
- Responsible for the quick turnarounds of projects, ensuring repeat business
- Negotiating with customers as to lead-times and changes to the schedule
- Production Planning numerous small lithographic jobs
- Involved in the purchasing of most of the factory consumables
- Production Service, Repairs and Maintenance: A "mechanically minded" understanding of all aspects of machinery, vehicles and associated plant is required to order spare parts, and organise service and breakdown calls
- Quarter End Stock Takes and Work in Progress: Each quarter we produce management accounts, so the role includes physical stock checks, system adjustments to produce stock and work in progress figures for the Accounts Manager, who is responsible for all aspects of the accounting function up until Trail Balance, as well as payroll
- The role is responsible for keeping and updating factory related records, such as Training records, Health and Safety Records, Risk Assessments, Fire Safety and call point maintenance.
- Responsible for recruitment and interviewing up until the final interview stage
- The Operations Director would be responsible for various projects usually related to the factory and on bigger acquisitions work closely with the owner to ensure that any new machine installations went smoothly.
- Proven knowledge and experience of Lithographic and Flexographic print would be an essential and digital print preferable
- Experience within similar role essential within the print industry
- Proven man management skills and understanding
If you would like to apply for this role, email your current up to date CV to ######### with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, Ensuring that your CV includes examples of the above as applicable
Hales Group Ltd collects and keeps information from applicants, so that we can monitor our recruitment process, ensure compliance with the Equal Opportunities policy, and when appropriate send you details of future job opportunities. We keep your name and address, and details of your application. If you do not want us to do this please contact your local branch.
Posted 16 days ago