Payroll experts, do you want a new challenge? Would you like to work in a well established and respected firm of Accountants dealing with a multitude of varied clients?
I am looking for a Payroll Clerk to join and support the firms existing Payroll team.
The successful candidate will be able to use own initiative to resolve issues, by providing a range of solutions, identify and resolve technical issues within the team, in doing so minimise impact on payroll activities, help to identify areas where improvements can be made and put forward suitable recommendations. You would also be required to keep up to date with new payroll legislation and compliance, and ensure changes are introduced to clients payrolls.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Day to day administration of your allocated portfolio of client payrolls
- Execution of weekly wages and monthly salaries for payroll clients
- Liaising with clients to ensure all information is received on a timely basis.
- Preparation of wages and salaries from information communicated into the office.
- Dealing with all aspects of the above e.g. SMP, SSP, holiday pay etc.
- Dealing with all relevant pension contribution deductions as applicable.
- Preparing BACS for banks, communicating same to banks, dealing with queries from banks.
- Ensure that BACS payments on behalf of clients are processed by their due date and that the process is controlled, timetabled and recorded
- Preparing tax, and N.I.C. details, liaising with H M Revenue & Customs on behalf of clients.
- Dealing with RTI submission to H M Revenue & Customs on behalf of clients
- Preparing all year end returns for clients and H M Revenue & Customs
- Ensuring standing data, and changes, for clients are recorded on file
- Ensure all client specific written and verbal queries are dealt with in a timely manner
- Update central workflow register
Please contact Kathleen Bailey for more information on ######### or
With offices in Peterborough, Cambridge, and Northampton The ONE Groups recruitment specialists offer unparalleled recruitment expertise across seven specialist divisions; Accountancy & Finance, Executive Search, HR, IT, Marketing, Office Support and Technical.
Whether you are looking to advertise a job, or take the next step in your career, we offer an evergrowing employment network, which currently exceeds 50,000 people in the East of England and The Midlands.
We pride ourselves in adding value to any recruitment experience, with the foundation of our success coming from customer service, expert knowledge of the local marketplace and our understanding of the significant value people can add to the workplace.
For more information, call us or visit our website at www.theonegroup.co.uk
Posted 36 days ago