Newry, Co Down
Full-Time & Perm
Salary £50k + package (medical, pension, phone+laptop)
- Must be a self-starter, able to work through issues from start to finish with little assistance, reporting on root cause providing recommendations for resolution.
- Provide second and third level support for all storage environments.
- Leverage problem solving skills to logically troubleshoot multi-faceted issues.
- Implement daily production changes related to storage systems and coordinating these changes with appropriate parties for verification of functionality.
- Investigate and diagnose production issues or outages and respond in a timely fashion.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, and adhere to company standards and procedures.
- On-call via rotation is required as a part of this role. Engineer would be expected to be available when necessary to take escalations from systems engineers and clients. Some scheduled work does occur on Saturdays.
- Expected to work as part of a team, not on an island, and be openly collaborative when working through issues with other team members so they can address issues during future occurrences.
· 3-5 Years Storage Engineering experience, including but not limited to:
o Advanced knowledge of NFS/CIFS technologies, Fiber/iSCSI best practices, and troubleshooting skills.
o Advanced knowledge and experience in the management, as well as the configuration of, multiple of the following SANs: EMC VNX (unified and block), VNXe, VMAX, Centera, XtremIO, Isilon, Unity, Pure, HP MSA and NetApp.
o Experienced in supporting storage replication and snapshot technologies such as SRDF, RecoverPoint, SnapMirror.
o Knowledge of common operating systems (RHEL, Server 2008/2012, ESXi 5.5/6.0)
o Experience working with High-Availability configurations for Cisco MDS & Brocade Fiber Switches
(The above criteria may be extended to facilitate shortlisting.)
Our client is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community
Posted 22 days ago