Warehouse Operative - Liverpool - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 0d42ca
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Liverpool - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
£23,987 per annum, Plus Pension, BUPA Medical Cash Plan, Life Assurance, 28 Days’ Holiday (rising with service)
This is an amazing opportunity to help make a difference and save the planet by making a positive impact in a ground-breaking business who truly put safety at the heart of everything we do and have big plans.
Our client is on a mission to help protect the planet, working together with thousands of foodservice businesses to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by hundreds and thousands of tonnes. They are now looking for a Warehouse Operative to join their team and help them to continue to do things the right way for customers, colleagues and the planet.
With over 1,000 colleagues in multiple sites nationwide delivering excellence performance, they supply premium cooking oils, and collect organic waste, which is then converted into bio-methane, electricity, heat and organic fertiliser. They offer the human touch with local, community-based depots which seek to give back to those communities every chance they get.
Within a diverse and inclusive environment, you will have the chance to contribute to their H&S culture and help them maintain their reputation for operational excellence.
As a Warehouse Operative based in the Liverpool depot, you will be a fundamental part of our client’s team, enabling them to continue with their mission to serve the planet, a purpose they care strongly about and are committed to.
Why join them?
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference, help them to become more successful and deliver more benefits to the environment
- They’re growing and so you will be able to develop your own career
- They provide opportunities for you to develop your career and pride themselves on promoting from within
What they expect of each other:
- That everyone acts like owners of this growing business
- You will collaborate to enable the business to be the best it can be - especially when it comes to safety and wellbeing!
A little bit more about the role:
- Loading and unloading waste cooking oil from vehicles
- Picking items required for deliveries, loading vehicles and ensuring that all loads are safe and secure
- Completing forklift and site checks
- Performing forklift - Safely storing waste oil within the yard
- Stock taking
- Ensuring the warehouse area is kept clean and tidy
What are they looking for? As you can imagine, you’ll need a broad range of personal skills to succeed, but they don’t expect you to have everything from the start! Our client will coach, train and support you, it’s more important that you have the right interpersonal skills and the intelligence to grasp thei business and take them forward.
What they will be looking for:
- A full, valid driving licence
- Fork Lift Truck Licence (counterbalance)
- A methodical, hardworking approach
- The ability to work effectively under pressure
- Great organisation and communication skills
Shunting experience would be beneficial, as would a licence to drive a vehicle.
To apply for the role of Warehouse and Processing Operative, please apply via the button shown.
Other organisations may call this role Warehouse and Processing Operative, Warehouse Operative, Yardsperson, Warehouse Picker, Logistics Operative, General Operative, Warehouse Loader, Storesperson, Order Picker, Warehouse Assistant, or Yard Operative.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.