Business Development Manager Energy & Water services
Delivering the exceptional, every day
- Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
- Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
- Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
- Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
- Relationship building with prospects by phone, email and face to face, with a view to securing business
- Preparation of tenders and re-tenders
- Liaise with the wider Mitie businesses to obtain sales leads for current and prospective customers
- Attending sales presentations (where appropriate)
- Competitor analysis, particularly in the area of pricing and service-provision
- To stay abreast of changes in legislation specific to background checking (all sectors)
- Identify and develop new business opportunities.
- Be accountable for, monitor and manage all identified sales enquiries as per our process and procedure. Maximise any commercial opportunities that may occur before, during and after a tender negotiation period and act upon any initiative that may arise which would assist in securing the contract.
- Manage the design, validation and co-ordination of our support functions during tender process, provide pre- qualification, presentation and proposal support to the bid production team.
- Network at a high level within the sectors you are allocated to support. Be seen to be a trusted advisor / partner of clients. Engage high level and business development channel partners within the sector.
Experience of Business to Business Sales
Experience to working to KPI’s & Targets
Confident and strong Influencer
Effective relationships builder & maintainer
Effective planning and time management skills
Resilient with ability to cope with rejection
Self-motivated and results focused
Experience of Criminal Justice, Immigration and Heathcare sectors desireable
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
Posted 8 days ago