Multi Skilled Operative
£23,985 - 25,247 per year
Multi Skilled Operative
Salary: £23,985 to £25,247
Hours: 40 hours per week (occasional early evening and Saturday morning working as and when required to meet customer needs)
Job type: Permanent
Are you looking to join a successful in-house repairs team? Do you have extensive trade experience? Then they may have just the job for you!
Our client is a charitable housing association, that offers nearly 3,000 affordable homes for rent and sale to people where need is at its greatest in Mid and South Wales, working in several local authority areas.
Our client is built on an in-house contractor model, designed to drive quality customer services, whilst achieving substantial planned growth and expansion, potentially outside of the group.
They are looking for Multi Skilled Operatives to carry out maintenance and improvements to their properties and to deliver a high-quality repairs service whilst maintaining our homes to the highest standard. Previous experience in a repairs or maintenance role is essential and you will also need a broad knowledge and practical experience of all aspects of building maintenance and repairs including general plumbing, carpentry, tiling and patch plastering.
Purpose of the Multi Skilled Operative:
To undertake general maintenance and improvements to the Association's tenanted and void properties, delivering a high quality, right first-time repairs service, to maintain homes to the highest standard.
Responsibilities of the Multi Skilled Operative:
- To ensure that tenants are provided a high quality, customer focused repair service.
- To complete job specific tasks, ensuring that the work is undertaken in a cost effective, considerate manner and to a satisfactory standard, whilst maintaining a safe working environment.
- Ensure compliance with all instructions relating to the use and storage of materials/equipment, necessary for the performance of his/her tasks.
- Ensure that the appropriate protective clothing and health and safety measures associated with performance of the role are fully complied with at all times.
- Ensure material stock to individual store/van is maintained and used effectively. Assist Line Manager on monthly stock check, and advise on fitness of purpose of individual items and recommend any additional requirements.
- To comply with all vehicle maintenance and servicing arrangements scheduled for the vehicle.
- Disseminate information to relevant staff
- Ensure compliance with relevant Health & Safety Legislation and Association Policy E.g. Risk Assessment & Method Statements etc
- Be aware of the post holder's responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act and other safety regulations and ensure that safe working practices and procedures are adopted at all times
- Undertake mandatory Health and Safety Training when required
Requirements of the Multi Skilled Operative:
- Previous experience in a repair/maintenance role
- Good general education
- A broad knowledge of all aspects of domestic building maintenance and repairs including, plastering, tiling, basic plumbing and carpentry
- Ability to work on your own initiative and prioritise workload
- Ability to retrieve information, check facts and details and absorb information
- Effective verbal and communication skills
- Able to represent the Group positively and professionally
- Ability to work alone with minimum supervision
- Champions customer focus and demonstrates great customer service
- Experience in the social housing sector
- NVQ 1/City & Guilds level 1, in carpentry or plumbing
- Ability to operative a handheld tablet device to receive job information and provide details of completed work (training provided)
Benefits of becoming the Multi Skilled Operative:
- 22 days annual leave, increasing to 25 days, and bank holidays
- Free home to work travel, within a 30-mile radius of our head office
- A place on our out of hours rota - potentially earning another £5,000 per year
- Overtime - available 7 days per week, with prior agreement from your manager
- Pension - we will match your contribution, up to 8%
- Health Cash Plan - get money back on dental, optical and other health care
If you feel like you meet the above criteria for the Multi Skilled Operative, then please apply now!
Interview Dates: Friday 5 July 2019
Posted 10 days ago