Political and Public Affairs Manager
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Pension + holiday purchase scheme
Political & Public Affairs Manager £50,000 environment, waste
Northampton based with some international travel
This is an Awardwinning and growing international brand leader, looking for Political & Public Affairs Manager to engage with political stakeholders at all levels on an international level.
Awareness of environmental issues, waste and the impact of singleuse plastics has never been greater and governments around the world are waking up to the fact that something needs to be done to significantly reduce, and possibly eliminate, singleuse plastics. Reusable nappies can play a significant role in this effort. Building on successes in UK this role will reach out to governments, local authorities and NGOs around the world to ensure reusable nappies are firmly on the agenda when looking for alternatives to singleuse plastics and working with them to progress policies to encourage the use of reusable nappies. Reporting to the Head of Marketing and working closely with the Managing Director and our international Marketing team, this new and exciting role has the prospect of making a significant impact on the planet for future generations.
The Ideal Candidate
Youll be able to understand and navigate parliamentary procedure and understand how to engage with political stakeholders at all levels local, national & international and how that knowledge can be applied to governments around the world. This role should be able to work independently, manage multiple tasks to deadline and maintain the integrity and high standards of our external communications. You should also have the ability to adapt and respond quickly to political events and changes.
- Proven record of working in public affairs, external affairs or civil service role specifically with at least 5 years experience in environmental campaigning.
- Detailed knowledge of the Parliamentary procedure and how to engage with political stakeholders both at a local, national and international level.
- Monitor Parliamentary proceedings and maintain awareness of political landscape.
- Provide internal forecasts of the likely effect of public policy changes on our organisation.
- Timely production of briefing for senior internal stakeholders and internal collaboration.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Excellent communicator.
- Good selling and networking skills.
- Selfmotivated and ability to grab opportunities.
- Understands the importance of consistency.
- Ability to work under pressure and thrive in a fastpaced, changing environment.
- Outgoing, flexible and enthusiastic personality. Ideal candidate must be able to work on their own initiative within a busy department.
- It is anticipated that a certain amount of international travel will be involved.
Salary is competitive dependant on experience, 20 days holiday rising by 1 day for each year worked and pension. Hours are 8.30am 5pm.
Successful applications will be contacted within 7 days. If you dont hear from one of our Consultants, please be assured that we will contact you if you are suitable for any of our other vacancies. Hopefully we will speak with you soon.
Supply Chain People Ltd are an employment business.
Posted 29 days ago