Associate/Senior Associate, Strategic Tilting
Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $350 billion, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $450 billion by 2025. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB’s important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
We are presently recruiting for two highly motivated individuals looking to explore a career in macro investing in the London based Strategic Tilting (“ST”) group as part of the broader Macro Strategies (“MS”) business in the Capital Markets and Factor Investing (“CMF”) Department.
The primary responsibility of the Associate/Senior Associate will be to support the portfolio managers and head of the ST group in their roles in sourcing and managing alpha focused macro investments in Rates, FX, Equity and Credit Index markets. The individual will report to the Managing Director who heads ST, but will also work closely to support the other 4 PMs in the team. They will also work closely with the other teams within the MS business: Active Strategies, Macro Volatility Strategies and Opportunistic Macro.
We are looking at candidates across both the Associate/Senior Associate levels will set the title based on the successful candidate’s experience and skill set. Regardless, the individual will be given both support and time to grow into the role.
Role Specific Accountabilities:
- Play a key role in research and analysis of potential trade ideas primarily initiated by the portfolio managers
- Be involved in all aspects of the daily activities, working with execution and operations teams as well as position management with the portfolio manager
- Play an active role in the development and implementation of analytical tools and position and risk management systems.
- Stay current with global market developments.
- Contribute where possible and collaborate with other MS team members on common goals or projects
- Work with team members to complete assigned tasks accurately and on a timely basis.
- Work on projects focusing on system improvements, strategy back testing, and/or internal presentations.
- Proactively solicits feedback, assistance and additional work (if time permits) from team members.
If you possess the following, we would like to hear from you:
- 1-4 years of relevant work experience. Experience in derivatives modelling is a plus.
- University undergraduate degree in Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Economic History or comparable quantitative fields is a minimum requirement.
- Fluency with financial modeling is required. Particular interest in experimental sciences and quantitative techniques found in, for example, epidemiology, statistical genetics, bioinformatics and computational biology is a significant asset. Skill in updating a model or hypothesis in light of new data and at identifying structural breaks is beneficial.Programming experience in a high level language (C++, Java, Python, R, Matlab) preferred.
- Strong sense of intellectual curiosity and demonstrated desire for continual learning.
- Ability to grasp complex concepts and communicate them in a concise and clear manner.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask while maintaining organization and quality of work.
- Proven ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to work and learn quickly in a high performing culture, under pressure and with time-sensitive deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to trade global markets - flexible in terms of time
- Must exemplify CPPIB’s Guiding Principles of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance.
**To apply, please include a cover letter, resume, and transcripts (full unofficial version) via our career
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package for this full time permanent position.
The position will be based out of the London Office at 40 Portman Square, London, W1H 6LT.
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow uson LinkedIn. #LI-GM1
At CPP Investment Board, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
CPP Investment Board does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investment Board to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investment Board will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.
Posted 7 days ago