Quality Safety Inspector
£27000 - £30000 per annum
My client invests millions every year to make sure that their service is in the best condition possible to minimise the risks and to ensure the safety of the public. During high winds and storms, trees can contact our equipment and we cut them down or trim them back. As well as installing the latest technologies and carrying out regular maintenance, we have our inhouse and contract partner treecutting teams to make sure that trees and vegetation are kept away from our overhead lines and equipment.
Being part of a cyclical tree maintenance programme, you will work with a highly skilled team to oversee management of trees & vegetation near the distribution network. Working with safety at the forefront of all activities, you will work with your team to monitor, assess and evaluate contractors performance against set targets. Youll ensure site quality and safety standards are maintained and assist your team to ensure contractor performance and safety is continually improved and monitored.
Your Skills and Experience
Previous experience in tree cutting, forestry or arboriculture; similar capacity experience is also considered
- Holding experience of working with power lines would be highly advantageous
- You will be comfortable working outdoors.
- You should already have relevant NPTC certificate units for the use of chainsaws, and a qualification or certificates including NPTC UA would be a bonus, however not essential
- Knowledge of the electricity network would be beneficial, however for the right applicant, full training will be provided
- A full, current driving licence is essential as travel will be required
- Enthusiasm and drive with a flexible approach to work and an ability to adapt to changing business and project priorities.
Whilst the above skills and experience are important, we also have several personal competencies that we look for in our future employees;
37 hour week, salary offered is £27 £30k + up to 5 hours overtime each week and an excellent benefits package:
Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
Great share plans
Group Pension Plan
One day paid volunteering
Tailored internal development opportunities
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your cv or call#########
Posted 20 days ago