Cafe Bar & Restaurant staff
Job Title: Café Bar/Restaurant Staff
Who you report to: Deputy Manager/Supervisors
Salary: £9.01 (zero hour contract)
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Cafe, bar and Restaurant staff to join a fast paced and growing Catering team within a leading producing theatre in Birmingham. In your new role you will work across the catering and bar function and will be responsible for serving food and beverages to a wide variety of customers. In return we offer a very competitive salary, up to 20% staff discount on food and drinks on restaurant and bar; Complimentary or discounted staff tickets to some amazing productions at the REP; complimentary travel to and from work during unsocial hours and many more benefits.
The aim of your job is:
- To provide excellent customer service tocustomers and visitors to The REP
- To provide a clean, tidy and welcoming environment for customers, visitors and staff
- To deliver catering of a high quality andstandard in a timely and efficient manner
- To support the organisation in achieving itsCRM aims
What your main duties cover:
Servefood and beverages throughout the day and evening to theatre customers andmembers of the public.
Prepareall interval drinks orders to ensure swift and efficient service.
Cleartables and maintain a clean and tidy public environment.
Loadand unload bar dishwasher, ensuring glass stock is maintained throughoutservice.
Stockshelves and ensure a healthy stock is maintained at all times.
Cash-upand reconcile till at end of shift.
Supportthe efficient delivery of all catering needs.
Followall protocols as defined by the Catering Director.
Work closely with theatre managers and Café Bar/Restaurant supervisors to eliminate anti-social activity.
Workacross the theatre front of house operation as and when required (cloakroom,crush bars, Treats).
Ensurea safe working environment is maintained at all times with particular regard tothe health, safety and welfare of you and others.
Undertake any specific or seasonal cleaning as required.
Support and promote all company policy, with specific attention to Equality & Diversity, Customer Care, Health & Safety and Data Protection.
Ensure a safe working environment is maintained at all times with particular regard to the health, safety and welfare of customers, visitors, staff and yourself.
Any other reasonable duties required for the smooth running of the Catering & Bars Team
- General good standard of literacy and numeracy.
- Ability and willingness to develop excellent customer service skills is essential.
- Experience in a customer focused environment is essential
- Experience of retail catering or bar work
- An interest and knowledge of the theatre is desirable.
Personal attitude/ attributes:
- Positive and helpful attitude.
- Flexibility, dedication and commitment.
- Willingness to learn new skills and activities.
- Ability to work and contribute as a member of a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Works well under pressure and to deadlines.
- Understands the importance of good internal and external customer relations.
- An excellent eye for detail and a commitment to excellence.
- High dress & appearance standards and excellent time keeping.
- Reliable and takes a positive and enthusiastic approach to work.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings and unsociable hours.
The REP uses a competency framework todescribe the abilities and personal attributes that are displayed by people whoare successful in this particular position. We use the framework during selection, performance appraisals and changemanagement processes.
=Attention to detail - supports quality through accuracy andefficiency
=Achieving Results - activelycontributes to organisational success at various levels
=Safety Orientation - activelyconsiders the safety and wellbeing of self, customers and staff
=Customer Orientation - positivelyinfluences customer opinions and behaviours
=Working With Others - brings peopletogether, shares information, builds trust
= Procedural Adherence - supports anddevelops policies, procedures and systems of work
Posted 11 days ago