Permanent Social Work Assistant - Pontypridd | Zoek UK | 0e02c6
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Permanent Social Work Assistant - Part Time- 3 days- Monday and Friday plus 1 day
Pontypridd, Rhondda Cynon Taf, Wales
I am working with a charity based in Pontypridd who are looking for a Social Work Assistant.
My client is keen to find someone who has worked in a similar role, who is looking to start their career in social work and is wanting to be part of a team which supports adults. This is a part time post, 3 days a week.
Key purpose of the role will be to:
To provide a high quality, community based, advice and support services for former miners and their dependents who may be experiencing health issues, disability, financial or emotional issues. Working in former mining communities, the service is delivered predominantly on an individual basis within client's homes but may also include group work within community venues.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
• Experience of working in a social work/social care environment
• Experience of providing welfare benefits advice
• Experience of undertaking professional assessments, planning, and providing interventions for service users
• Experience of working with older people and / or those with disabilities in a community setting
• Experience of working collaboratively with other agencies and professionals.
• Excellent knowledge of social care legislation and welfare benefits
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Driving licence with own transport
• Good IT skills - experience of using databases and Microsoft packages
• Good organisational skills
• Good standard of education to GCSE - Minimum of Grade C in Maths and English
• Ability to prepare reports for both internal and external audiences
• Ability to empathise with service users
This is an excellent opportunity to join my client and the salary is starting £14967 dependant on experience. They offer 29 days annual leave plus bank holidays (FTE). My client offers a 10% pension scheme, pay for the level 1 scheme at Westfield Health, which can be used to add family cover as well and car user allowance for those workers who travel to clients homes.
If you feel this role is for you please contact Mary Khan.
Alternatively, if this role is not for you but you know someone who will be interested, we offer £250 referral bonus (Ts & Cs apply)