Junior Technician - Oxford | Zoek UK | 0e1536
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Oxford, Oxfordshire, England
Agenda are the largest provider of Animal Technicians within the Life Science sector, so these positions are an exceptional opportunity for someone wanting to develop in this field. We are looking for an adventurous individual, who would like to contribute to the research industry, whilst maintaining a high standard of welfare.
On behalf of our client, a company who are established experts in the field of specialist cleaning, we are looking to recruit a Junior Technician. The successful applicant will be expected to work to an organised cleaning schedule and will be responsible for the quality of the cleaning in their allocated areas. These areas could contain a combination of laboratories and other scientific environments.
The post holder will be required to operate mechanical equipment (training provided), which involves light lifting, and there is a requirement to maintain accurate cleaning records. Training and equipment are supplied, and the post holder will be responsible for maintaining the equipment in good working condition.
This is an ongoing permanent Junior position working Monday - Friday with Variable working hours, predominantly afternoons and evenings; hours per week
- Animal Care Qualification and a genuine interest in the care of animals
- You must have practical experience, having cared for animals in a work or voluntary capacity.
- Have a versatile working attitude.
- Flexible and ability to adapt to changing work environments, workloads and timetables at short notice.
- Extremely professional, customer friendly and amenable
- Reliability under pressure
- Good communicator and work as part of a team and alone when required.
- GCSE or equivalent level of literacy
- Able to document and maintain records accurately
- Experience cleaning in an industry, hospital or academic based environment is essential
- Experience and knowledge of manual handling techniques is desirable
- Experience working to cleaning schedules and routines is desirable.
- Own transport is required due to the location.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining laboratories and working areas as specified by the client and other specialist cleaning as required
- Cleaning laboratories, corridors and maintaining changing/locker areas
- Cleaning specialist areas
- Using and maintaining Autoclaves, bottle washers and other sterilising equipment
- Responsible for Health & Safety and Quality duties, which will include Health & Safety Responsibilities and Pro-active engagement with science users.
- Following Biosafety procedures and notifying Biosafety id procedures are not followed.
- Frequent changing of PPE
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.