Cloud Security Architect - London - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 0e193c
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Cloud Security Architect - Azure
London - This Area Only
£650 - £700/day
Contract (Full time)
Cloud Security Architect with skills in Azure – 3 month contract – home based
Becoming a Cloud Security Architect with Capita IT Services on the Transport for London account
As a Cloud Security Architect you will join Capita in an established team working on a migration project for their client Transport for London (TFL). The migration will be from an on premises set up to an Azure environment.
You will have subject matter expertise in implementing security controls and threat protection, managing identity and access, and protecting data, applications, and networks in cloud and hybrid environments as part of an end-to-end infrastructure.
This role will serve as part of a larger team dedicated to cloud-based management and security of the TFL ULEX Azure platform as part of an end-to-end infrastructure.
What you’ll be doing:
· The cloud security architect builds, designs, and installs security systems for cloud-based computing and data storage systems. Your duties include assessing and testing existing cloud computing security systems and creating firewalls, improving network security, and encrypting data to secure the system further.
· Responsibilities for this role include maintaining the security posture, identifying, and remediating vulnerabilities by using a variety of security tools, implementing threat protection, and responding to security incident escalations.
· A candidate for this role should have strong skills in scripting and automation; a deep understanding of networking, virtualization, and cloud N-tier architecture; and a strong familiarity with cloud capabilities and products and services for Azure, plus other Microsoft products and services.
What we’re looking for:
· Knowledge of Azure, Azure Defender, Azure Security Centre
· Familiarisation of Centre for Internet Security (CIS) controls and benchmarks & Cybersecurity Best Practices
· Familiarisation Azure security fundamentals
· An understanding of third-party auditing and cloud risk assessment methodology
· Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate
· CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker
· CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional
· CISSP-ISSAP: Information Systems Security Architecture Professional
· CISM: Certified Information Security Manager
· CSSA: Certified SCADA Security Architect
· GSEC / GCIH / GCIA: GIAC Security Certifications
About Capita Technology Solutions
Capita Technology Solutions are one of the largest IT organisations in the country, dedicated to supporting thousands of customers across the UK. Our innovative digital services, software and consulting solutions are helping businesses and the public sector to transform customer and employee experience whilst keeping operations running effectively and efficiently.
Capita Technology Solutions are part of Capita Plc, a leading UK provider of technology enabled business services. We’re supporting and improving the lives of millions of people every day and we can only do this with the right people in place, working towards a shared goal. We encourage an open, honest working environment where everyone can be true to themselves and people are valued for their differences. We’re always challenging each other to learn and improve, because we know when we work together, we can deliver better outcomes. We work across such a huge range of businesses and sectors, that you’ll have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in any number of directions.
What’s in it for you?
· A day rate of £650-£700 per day in scope of IR35
· Home based with limited travel as required
You’ll also become part of a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do deliver. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you have any questions you’d like to ask before applying, you can contact Hannah Bradley at