Community Support Worker - Bradford | Zoek UK | 0e2169
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Community Support Worker
Permanent (Full time)
Creative Support is a national, fast growing not-for-profit organisation providing support to individuals with a wide range of care needs. We are currently seeking highly motivated Community Support Workers to join our friendly established team within the Bradford area.
We are looking for respectful, warm and enthusiastic individuals to provide person-centered and recovery-focused support to adults with learning disabilities and/or mental health needs living in their own homes. The service operates throughout Bradford and the surrounding areas, including Keighley, Bingley and Shipley. We offer an empowering model of support which enables our varied client group to lead fulfilling and happy lives, participate in their local community, develop independent living skills, and achieve their personal goals and desired outcomes. As well as providing direct care and support, you will have the opportunity to act as a Key Worker supporting people to achieve their dreams and ambitions.
Support Worker Duties:
- Provision of personal care to service users,
- Shift work including evenings, weekends and bank holidays,
- Travelling between service users' residences to provide support within their own homes,
- Medication administration,
- Developing and sustaining warm and trusting relationships with service users,
- Carrying out general administrative duties and housing management tasks.
Relevant experience of supporting people with a learning disability and mental health needs is essential for this role. You will also need to demonstrate a 'can-do approach', person-centred values, energy and commitment. You will have a strong work ethic and duty of care and be able to contribute to a positive team approach. You must have a full clean driving license and access to a car. Mileage expenses will be paid for driving between support sessions.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
- Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme,
- Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
- Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff,
- All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams,
- Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma.
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We expect all applicants to Creative Support to have had at least their first Covid 19 vaccination prior to starting employment with us and to be committed to having the second vaccination within a 3 month period.