Lead Project Engineer
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Up to £30000 per annum + Bonus
HRGO Recruitment are recruiting for a Lead Project Engineer, based within Milton Keynes to Manage our clients new depot and installation teams to cover projects from Rugby down to the Watford area.
Our client has been established for over 100 years evolving into one of the UKs foremost secure entry systems suppliers.
Therefore we are looking for an experienced engineer from within the construction sector and more specifically someone who has experience in working with heavy duty aluminium frames and doors. Experience with minor electrical systems would be an advantage.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring installation teams and equipment, ensuring Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality compliance is maintained, and the Companys procedures and objectives are achieved. In addition, it will be your responsibility to oversee any subcontractors employed as part of the works.
- Plan projects and ensure they are programmed to a level of detail necessary for the site team to deliver the scheme without delays
- Ensure procurement and reconciliation of subcontractor materials and services is carried out in accordance with company procedures
- Company procedures to best value and to prevent delays
- Ensure site team compliance with Company commercial policies and procedures Specific responsibilities to be detailed.
- Attend tender handover meetings and deliver prestart meetings to the site team
- Produce and analyse progress reports, updated costs and forecasts
- Implement the risk management process, review risk register and check risk controls
- Complete and distribute the Contract Initiation/Completion form for each project
- Weekly review of all immobilised sites
- Attend internal and external meetings and ensure the production of accurate records of any discussions and actions
Health, safety, environmental and staff
- Lead by example, set the highest possible standards of leadership in promotion of HS&E procedures and best practice, ensuring compliance with Company procedures and legal obligations
- Allocate HS&E responsibilities and duties for site personnel, check understanding and provide training as necessary
- Maintain and manage sites and subcontractors, ensuring all subcontractors follow Company procedures and processes
- Undertake site inspections, ensuring that audits and reports are produced and liaising with the necessary parties
- Accident investigation process
- Management of installation teams and site support personnel
- Assist in any grievance and disciplinary issues
- Ensure that work instructions / procedures are adhered to and paperwork is produced and completed.
- Ensure that the QA File is produced and maintained
- Establish and promote best practice
- Complete inspection and handover of the installed product
- Build and maintain relationships with both the end client and external customers
- Chair and lead meetings with the customer and report on progress to date
- Ensure that works are carried out in a manner which minimises community impact
- Full technical manufacture site survey in line with procedures
Key measures & targets:
- Ensure claims and applications for work completed are promptly raised
- Monthly and weekly reporting timescales are met
- Ensure KPI measures are met
- Deliver projects without safety incidents, within time and to budget
- Ensure customer complaints / quires are responded to immediately
- Site teams
- Subcontractors and suppliers
- Clients and stakeholders
The successful candidate is likely to meet all of the following criteria:
- Extensive experience of managing projects within the social housing sector
- Good working knowledge of contract conditions, CDM regulations, design management, programme and risk management
- Knowledge of contracts eg JCT / NEC etc
- Educated as a minimum to HNC/HND/Degree level (or equivalent)
- CSCS card
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to influence and mentor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with both customers and all levels of staff
- Problem solving skills and analytical thinking
- CEng MICE, or equivalent
- NEBOSH construction certificate
- Experience of MS project
What to expect:
You will be mainly office based but there will be a requirement to visit clients and sites.
Salaries vary depending on a range of factors, including experience.
We are also able to offer incentives such as the Company bonus scheme
Working hours 8.00am 4.45pm Monday to Friday and this may need to be flexible to accommodate the support required by our clients.
23 days holiday plus banks year 1 increasing to 28 days plus bank holidays following 12 months service.
Posted 17 days ago